• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJR DEMO needed

Reaction score
I am looking to change bikes. I don't want to buy another one without riding it first. I have learned my lesson. If anyone has a Yamaha FJR I can demo please let me know. If you know of a dealer that has an FJR to demo let me know. I really want to ride one of those beautiful machines.

DSC00966.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

Janet has an 08. I have an 07 that will be up for sale as soon as I fix the grip heaters.

And Janet DOES ride that thing! Here we are on an east Texas courthouse loop in 2010:

d70_8845q.JPG

Last edited:
Does the 07 have cruise? What will you be asking for it? How long can you stay in the saddle

It does not have cruise. Mileage is at ~32000. I am the second owner, the first was also a TWT member. He put 25000 on it. Probably asking $7000.

I think that is asking a bit much. What you originally asked for was a test ride, not borrowing the bike.

agreed, heck asking a lot to let a stranger even take a ride. Rent one.

Some bikes you don need to 'test ride', just sitting on it, you will know if the ergonomics will work or not.

And if you don't like it, resell it. It is not like you are taking a huge hit when it leaves the showroom.

I was asking a friend not a stranger to use their bike. You don't know me or my skill level so don't judge

Well, then the short answer is no, don't even ask even a friend to ride their bike. If they offer you can accept, but asking is poor form.

Well, then the short answer is no, don't even ask even a friend to ride their bike. If they offer you can accept, but asking is poor form.

And FWIW, he posted on an open forum! No problem here, between and bike owner anyway! BTW, if anybody is "loaning" a GSA, I could compare to my 990!

Thanks everyone. David and I have known each other for years.

Chuck, my brother asked about your bike. They will be here around Thanksgiving for a few days. I will see where he stands then.

Back