• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Howdy SAB :wave:, here's some pics from Agman's place. :clap:

CIMG0394Copy.jpg

CIMG0455Copy.jpg

CIMG1035Copy.jpg

CIMG0935Copy.jpg

Miles and miles of roads less traveled, he knows 'em all. :rider:

CIMG1034Copy.jpg

Lotta fun.

Where is this place?

DSV, it is 10 miles Southwest of Evant, Texas...about 90 miles North of Cedar Park.

Since the trails at the National Forest were closed today due to the recent rains, Woodsguy and I got together for a last minute Dual Sport ride. We met up at the Gulf Coast Trade Center and planned to run the “Cheeseburger Loop”. (sort-of) The weather was perfect and the roads were dust free.

We stopped by one of the trail crossings to see if the closure was legit.

DSC03089.JPG

Looks like the trails are a bit moist…

DSC03085.JPG

Turns out the trails weren’t the only paths that had a little water.

DSC03120.JPG

There’s a road under there somewhere.

DSC03108.JPG

DSC03104.JPG

Woodsguy testing the depth.

DSC03117.JPG

DSC03100.JPG

Plenty of low water crossings today.

DSC03098.JPG

Woodsguy

DSC03095.JPG

Selfie?

DSC03097.JPG

.3 of an inch fell EARLY Sunday morning that pic look like hard pack no erosion happening here.

Friday afternoon and all day Saturday .003"fell hardly 1 inch
closes it down on foracast only numerous times.

(Forest Service again shuts MUT System) all trails for dirt bikes and nothing else !

there wasn't any rain but a sprinkle
way to go USFS SHNF #1. pissing people off for decades.

:giveup:

.3 of an inch fell EARLY Sunday morning that pic look like hard pack no erosion happening here.

(Forest Service again shuts MUT System) all trails for dirt bikes and nothing else !

We got a solid inch of rain up here in the heart of Texas and with a couple days of sun and winds, the trails will look really great tomorrow!

Sorry, but I don't buy .003 inch. Very, very close to the forest, roads were under water, just outside Montgomery, on the forest side to boot.

The pictures above were on dirt roads, btw. Didn't have much erosion.

This was taken at lunch on the zebra trail, not .003 inch would have done this.

Attachments

• DSC03085.jpg
    DSC03085.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 202
This was taken at lunch on the zebra trail, not .003 inch would have done this.

looks nice we needed it 0.3" on Friday and Saturday 0.3" in the radar loop .

so what ?
they never said why it shut down.
just that it shut down temporary and still is temporary shut down.
obviously on a forecast that happen earlier Sunday morning while you might have been sleeping I wasn't was up at 1230am Sunday.

Remember guys,

a pissing contest isn't about how often you have to go...

Having ridden with you both exactly once, on the same ride, I'm allowed to rib you both equally brutally!

I reckon so :flip::photo: hero 4 equipped both KTM,Suzuki should be good for a laugh again Right?

Here in Huntsville we got about 1-1/2 to 2" of rain according to the gauge on my fence out front.

I got an unexpected opportunity to ride early this week, so I headed out yesterday to ride along Rich's dual sport ride that I couldn't join a couple weeks ago.

Taking my time after a late start, I rode from San Antonio up to Lake Travis (the stretch on 165 was really beautiful), then westward toward Llano where I am now. I quit for the day after 185 miles because I ended up riding into the sun which takes away all the fun.

Today after it warms up some from the current 32, I'll hit the rest of the track as long as the unpaved roads don't get too crazy for my street tires.

I want to thank Rich for sharing his GPS track which has made my little ride a whole lot more fun!

North of Lake Travis on 2769 (not the best picture but there weren't a lot of places to stop along this color-changing tree-lined curvy stretch)
IMG_20141124_140501_zpsysrc4i0u.jpg

Railroad trestle bridge coming into Burnet on 330/Old Bertram Rd
IMG_20141124_155456_zpsawrjtbnw.jpg

IMG_20141124_155314_zps5hblccsw.jpg

Thanks, Rman. Maybe you're right! I was disappointed that couldn't snap one or two shots showing curves and colors better. It was a truly beautiful passage.
I love pics like that where the road fades off in the distance. What's around that next curve?? :sun: I'll never outgrow the need to explore. :rider:

I love pics like that where the road fades off in the distance. What's around that next curve?? :sun: I'll never outgrow the need to explore. :rider:
Preach it, Brother Man!

Today I finished most of that route I set out on yesterday, and it was dirt day! 125 miles for the day.

Started in Llano going west to catch a bunch of County roads like 112 and113 going south/east, through three Sandy Creek crossings, and over dirt, hardpack, and gravel. And no dust since the ground was anywhere from moist to mud! Very smooth like the grader had come by within the past couple of days after the big rains.

It was my first time on my NC700X on dirt roads. Took some getting used to because of the weight (~530 lbs) but I built up some confidence and speed, and gained some good experience. I've done MX and street but not much in between, until today.

IMG_20141125_132925_zpsifvamsj8.jpg

IMG_20141125_123100_zpsmdfcsdp1.jpg

Turns out I wasn't alone.
IMG_20141125_130314_zpsb6irlo6l.jpg

I wanted to bypass the Sandy Creek crossings while on my own and with street tires but my bypass routes turned out to be private roads. So I forged across through the rocky 6-8in or so of running water without incident. Now stop mocking the newb! [emoji12]

IMG_20141125_132308_zpsa5wuctgk.jpg

Red Brown and I rode from the Basin to Presidio today while he is in Big Bend on his Wing.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417994150845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417994150845.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 209
Back