• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trail Boss, I don't have a firm headcount of the committed that we're at the Celina Pie-Run, but there was lots of interest. Most of the talk was about transportation and logistics. I'm sure we'll have another north Texas meet up to hash out more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone riding a big GS. Austin area? This sounds awesome. Was planning on doing the CO section with Rawhyde that month but this sounds more fun and cheaper.

Looking forward to the trip report on this. Wish I could come but not possible this coming year. Shoot some video and post if you all can. Would love to see what it is like. Working on "Long Way Down" right now and boy this sounds fun.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

First post ... eek! But I honestly signed up at TWTEX specifically to get info and participate in this ride. I am in the middle of a fly, ride, store, repeat (FRSR) trip having ridden most of the eastern TAT and NM SOR to get the bike (DR650) to El Paso. Have a big bend trip planned for March and a June GDR ride would be perfect for the next leg. I usually ride solo, but would like to have a chance to meet and ride some other moto-adventurers if ya'll will have me. I'm looking to ride unsupported and Denver looks doable for the next 'store' location. TIA . . . dcw

What about closed passes due to snow? Made a trip to CO once the third week of June and all the high passes were still closed. Very closed, no chance.

@Shadman . . . I couldn't find dates for that rally when I began planning my March trip to the bend. It looks like a blast! I think I'll adjust my schedule to include it!

Thanks for the heads-up!

dcw

WooHoo!! ACA maps came in today's mail and my registration fee went out in the mail yesterday. I'm stoked to work through the maps.

dcw

Dieselriley - I will be coming out of Fort Worth, and would probably go west over to Carlsbad and start over there if you and anyone else are interested.

To date 5 riders have officially registered for the GDR. There is no urgency to register (you have until May 21st to sign up) but if you wait to make hotel reservations you might end up camping instead. If you are even thinking about doing this ride, and don't want to camp, then make hotel reservations now. You can always cancel your reservation. But once the hotels are booked, your options are limited.

Me and my son are planning on this. Hotels are booked . just been farting around till the new year to register. do you take pesos? I have some left from mextrek :-P
LATER TATERS

Will any body will be interested in sharing a room so we can split the cost. Let me know so I can make reservations

VACATION HAS BEEN PUT IN. Working on brother-in law. He is going to take his motor home and a 16 foot trailer. I am thinking 4 to 5 bikes. I have 3 in my group so far. He is going to drop us off and than pick us back up in Rotan, New Mexico. We estimate it will cost about $75.00 a person (that is with 5) in diesel. He plans to go camping (that's what he calls it) while we go riding. We plan to camp and hotel it. Every other night???

Registration sent and hotels booked! TrailBoss is right, hotel rooms are strating to get thin!

Anyone riding a big GS. Austin area? This sounds awesome. Was planning on doing the CO section with Rawhyde that month but this sounds more fun and cheaper.

i am riding A BIG GS OUT OF MIDLAND .. ITS ON YOUR WAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back