• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - 1984 Honda XR500R, Street Legal Dual Sport, Runs Perfect

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Several of you commented on the XR500 in another posting for my neighbor. He is selling this bike as well. It's a 1984 Honda XR500R, plated, street legal, with everything on it from horn to brake light to blinkers. It will come with a single, different mirror, as the Double Take mirrors are not part of the sale. This bike runs fantastic! Starts first or second kick, hot or cold. Lots of power. I was with my neighbor when he bought it from the original owner. He had the MSO for it, which my neighbor used to get a bonded title. Inspection is valid through some time in 2016. The sale comes with a complete set of brand new plastics (front fender, rear fender, side panels and front headlight shroud), not pictured. Price out flashred plastics and you will see that the plastics set alone is worth about $800. The handguards, grips, forkboots, dual sport kit, Pirelli MT21 front and Dunlop D606 rear are new with one ride on them. He has not ridden once since the purchase and all of the goodies put on it. I rode it last weekend for the first time. He works out of state most of the time and just has no time for toys any more. This bike needs nothing to hop on and take you from garage to wherever you want to go. Rides great on the pavement too.

He would like $2,400 for the bike, including the $800 set of flash red plastics, and he'll throw in whatever brand new helmet he has (I think it's a Bilt from Cycle Gear).

Pics below. Here is a vid I took from last weekend so you can see/hear how well it runs.

https://youtu.be/nAk4cBWBdWg

xr500_01.jpg

xr500_02.jpg

xr500_03.jpg

xr500_04.jpg

xr500_05.jpg

xr500_06.jpg

xr500_07.jpg

Re: 1984 Honda XR500R, Street Legal Dual Sport, Runs Perfect

Thats one nice 500 :clap:

Re: 1984 Honda XR500R, Street Legal Dual Sport, Runs Perfect

SOLD to one lucky fella. Thanks Mitch!