• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Huntsville to Pie Run in Crockett 12/19 - Big DS Bike Friendly

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So it is supposed to be nice Saturday, I have the day off, and it is the day of the end of the year Pie Run in Crockett at the Moosehead Cafe. I'm gonna ride!

When:

Saturday 12/19/15

:tab KSU will be 9:00am, which will give us time to take the fun way there. Please get there BEFORE 9:00am.

Where:

:tab Smiley's Shell station at intersection of FMs 247/980 on the North side of Huntsville. Fill up here, get breakfast if you like (they have a grill). If you need to trailer a smaller bike up, you can park at the Park-n-Ride lot at the intersection of FM 247 and FM 2821 across from the Exxon.

:tab The route will be big bike friendly, BUT there may be some sand. Depending on how much it dries out between now and Saturday, the sand could be nicely packed or deep and loose ;-) There might also be a few small patches of mud here and there. See the attached GPX file for the route.

:tab After lunch, I'll probably do the leisurely route back as well, eventually ending back at Smiley's.

Suckers:

Dannyboy - DRZ400
jfink - KTM 990
Ralph - KLR 650
Rsquared - KTM 1290
Tourmeister - 1200 GS

Potential Suckers...?

Dirtrideroader - 1200 GS
Sloan - KTM 1290
Woodbutcher - 1200 GSA

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm. Camping at Garner SP on Thursday night. Camping somewhere else Friday. Trying not to make any plans since I've had this black cloud following me around for months that destroys my plans. So put me in the unlikely column, but don't be surprised if I show up.

I would love to go. Does anyone have a spare front seat for R1200GSLC they could loan me?

I have a front seat off of my 2015 R1200GS you can borrow. Not sure if it's the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I have a front seat off of my 2015 R1200GS you can borrow. Not sure if it's the same.

I am pretty sure it is.
I was really joking, I figured the chance of finding one was slim.
I guess I could stand up between here and Magnolia.

Last edited:
I should be in unless something major pops up.

Super Adventure? Cool, I plan to be there from Houston on mine but I haven't ventured off pavement yet. I want some practice on something lighter and maybe with scratches on it first!

Super Adventure? Cool, I plan to be there from Houston on mine but I haven't ventured off pavement yet. I want some practice on something lighter and maybe with scratches on it first!

Standard Adventure with street tires. Riding up from Tomball, if you want to join me.

Funny how that last ride had loads of people wanting to come, now this one just has a few :shrug:

Standard Adventure with street tires. Riding up from Tomball, if you want to join me.
I'm riding with somebody from down around Jersey Village. Not sure of time and route yet though.

Wish I could come, but it's my daughter's wedding day... Pretty obligated.

You guys have fun, with Scott leading the way it'll be sure to be a good ride.

Wish I could come, but it's my daughter's wedding day... Pretty obligated.

You guys have fun, with Scott leading the way it'll be sure to be a good ride.

Well gee, if you can't come I guess that excuse is a good one. Congrats :clap: I hope it is a good day for all of you!

I'll be going, but just have street tires on the GS and will have my wife on the back... so think I'll avoid the dirt. Not sure which scares me more, sand with street tires or my wife's reaction to riding in the dirt. :)

I'm out. Ended up back it Austin for tonight and wouldn't be able to get there for the start in the morning. See you all in Crockett.

Thanks for letting us know. Have a good ride.

I may be down for the trip with Bagwell along on his XR650L. I don't want to get in over my head or slow anybody down. I've only ridden off pavement in a few EASY trails on a CFR230. Otherwise my experience is street and a few seasons in the CMRA. My KTM still has the stock Conti TrailAttack 2 tires. I'm a confident but cautious rider. lol

Any thoughts? If we're mainly talking dirt roads I don't see a problem.

Maybe I'll get a weekend off next year. I'm in need of some riding time.

I'll stick with my original plan since I might have a street only motorcycle come along with me. We will see you guys in Crockett

Thanks for leading, Scott. Again, I think I was the muddiest. That one mud puddle has my name.

Back