• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake DS ride log

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like we are having quite a few dual sport riders in our area now, and I figure it would be nice for us to organize a group ride every once in awhile. How about we post to this thread whenever one of us gets the itch to do a little DSing, and would like some company? Doesn't have to be anything real formal.

I'll start it:

Will be riding down to Pelican Island in Galveston this Sunday (March, 1st). Anyone want to join me?

from the other page...

ur linkey be broken...:thumbd:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37261 :thumb:

i'm gunna try to make it...we usally get together around 11am at the Aggie Mart just past the university...gas up and :rider:

hopefully the Port Popo will be cool haven't heard of any problems recently and wus down there three weekends ago...conditions have been real gud w/ the lack of heavy rain.

the first left past the Aggie Mart is where we usally enter and make the parking area the rally point...they were doing sum repair work on the spoil levees so we cudn't ride all the way around back.

will check back later...

Kenny

Kenny, sounds good, and thanks for fixing the link:thumb: . Aaron (WR250R) and I are planning to meet at the Waffle House on Hwy. 146 just north of Seabrook at around 8:30 for breakfast. Anyone want to join us, come on :eat: !

i'm 50/50 on making it this Sunday...that's the problem of owning/operating a restaurant..i'm basically work'n or at least on call seven days a week...doh!

but i'll check back here in the am.

i/we do this ride fairly often so if i miss tomorrow there's a gud chance next weekend :thumb:

:chug:

just got a call from my buddy down at Pelican Island and they have closed down the Port Authority land for riding at Pelican...

...new huge signs, gates and posted something to the effect that there is an open warrant on tresspassing. :giveup:

maybe when they get done with the levee construction/repair they'll relax it but it does not sound promising.

:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

some pics from today? We decided at the last minute to not go to pelicatn island cause we heard that some guys we going out to bolivar but we never saw anyone. we had fun anyways... it was cold but fun

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

There is alot of destruction out there on bolivar...

Nice pics, Aaron! Here are a few more:

P1000003a.jpg

P1000007a.jpg

P1000009a.jpg

P1000012a.jpg

P1000017a.jpg

Chilly day starting out, and the ride from Waffle House to Galveston was "brisk". Once we got to the beach though, it was nice, and we couldn't have asked for a prettier day. Saw a couple tracks on the sand, but never saw any other riders.

Looks like you guys had a great time!!!! Too bad I was stuck at WORK!!!! I will be off this Friday if anyone is interested in a short ride (I will be coming off nights on Friday morning), should be ready to ride by 10AM. Don't have the dirt set-up ready for the DRZ yet... so it will have to be a slab run. OOOPS... This is a DS ride log...
I may be installing some goodies on the DRZ anyhow... Radiator Gaurds, Skid plate, Case Covers, etc... Can you tell I'm at work, I get to rambling...

Got the DRZ set-up for dirt!!! Man those knobbies are tough on the street! I can ride on Friday????

Man, I'm on nights right now, and just swapped back to street tires, or I'd love to go ride. Yeah, knobbies take some getting used to on the street; be careful. Couple hints: straight is not so bad, but watch the corners; you don't have as much tire contact (especially if it's wet). Also, keep a lighter grip on the handlebars; the extra vibration from the knobbies will make your forearms tighten up quicker. One of these days we will be on the same schedule, George, but tomorrow is out for me :giveup: .

I am ready to ride on Friday morning. I got all day. I am a ways out but can make up ground pretty quick. I'll check again in the morning or PM me

Well you would know it the time your off on friday they asked me to work OT this friday. I just can't pass up OT. Have a great ride.

Man, I'm on nights right now, and just swapped back to street tires, or I'd love to go ride. Yeah, knobbies take some getting used to on the street; be careful. Couple hints: straight is not so bad, but watch the corners; you don't have as much tire contact (especially if it's wet). Also, keep a lighter grip on the handlebars; the extra vibration from the knobbies will make your forearms tighten up quicker. One of these days we will be on the same schedule, George, but tomorrow is out for me :giveup: .

Rob, i wus wondering about ur tires...look at them a Boondoggles and thought *wut a shame* hahaha...;-)

i'm working on the logistics with some other guys on a trip to Chorokee to get dirty...we're suppose to have the trailer situation figured out by next week...i don't know what u guys have as far as trailering/back of PU capacity but we need to sort that out...

Rob we shud swap phone numbers in PM's to try to put this ride together asap.

Kenny, Rob, don't forget...enclosed trailer...large diesel truck to pull it with...comany credit card to pay for diesel fuel (my company - no worries!)...
= Call Craig....

Kenny, Rob, don't forget...enclosed trailer...large diesel truck to pull it with...comany credit card to pay for diesel fuel (my company - no worries!)...
= Call Craig....

...yeah but chu ain't got an A/C on the trailer...yet... :cool2:

Craig, wut about the important stuff...can u get a kitchen pass??? :nana:

well...now that we know who's driving lets pick a day that works the best for the greatest number of folks...it's only just west of College Station so no need for an overnighter PLUS i don't know u guys well enough :lol2:

i may have one or two other guys interested w/ a trailer but i'm not gunna wait on them...

Saturday or Sunday? ...i'm gud for any day including weekdayz except Fridayz until after Lent.

Next weekend? :shrug:

i'm gud to go but the rest of u behind me shud have roost protection :trust:

P.S. i really can spell halfway decent for an injunear...i juss chooses not 2 ;-)

Back