• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to remove the seat? 97 Bandit 1200s

Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Moreno Hernandez
Hi all,
How can I remove the seat from my 97 Bandit 1200s?
I did drop it in a parking lot (1-2 m/h), no big deal damage, but when I tried to start it again, it made a ratchet kind sound, then no power on the Neutral ligt, and I felt a little of smoke smell.
I want to check if there's something wrong with the battery cables or so.
Thank you all.
One more thing, do you have an idea about where can I get an Owners Manual for this bike?
Thank you all for reading, ride safe.

Cesar

Hi all,
How can I remove the seat from my 97 Bandit 1200s?
I did drop it in a parking lot (1-2 m/h), no big deal damage, but when I tried to start it again, it made a ratchet kind sound, then no power on the Neutral ligt, and I felt a little of smoke smell.
I want to check if there's something wrong with the battery cables or so.
Thank you all.
One more thing, do you have an idea about where can I get an Owners Manual for this bike?
Thank you all for reading, ride safe.

Cesar

If it's like my 02 Bandit..theres a lock on the left side, around the passenger footpeg. turn it one way and it drops a helmet lock, turn it the other and the seat releases. No idea on an owners manual
Shotrod

Thanks Shotrod, I'll try that.
...by the way, that was fast!

Cesar

Back