• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my reservation for Thursday and Saturday night. She was a little confused at first about me not wanting Friday night but finally found the note about the Challenge. :thumb:

The 6th annual Texas Adventure Ride (TAR) is April 19-22, 2012 in Junction, TX.

.... In the meantime, if you are interested in attending you can go ahead and make reservations for both Thursday night and Saturday night in Junction, TX. TAC ride headquarters in Junction is the Best Western.

OK, I'm booked at the Best Western:rider:

oh, and now I have 4 months to decide what bike to take: the 1200 Tenere or the 650 KLR; I guess that's a good problem to have;-)

Richard hasn't worked out the friday night place yet. Likely trying to find the best deal for us.

"Be patient my young padawan":trust:

oh, and now I have 4 months to decide what bike to take: the 1200 Tenere or the 650 KLR; I guess that's a good problem to have;-)

Yes it is. :trust:

Cool! Another Super Tenere owner. :thumb:

I fixed that problem already. I am going to bring both, the Super Tenere and my trusty KLR.

:rider: :rider:

Richard hasn't worked out the friday night place yet. Likely trying to find the best deal for us.

"Be patient my young padawan":trust:

You're right. I'm making the final logistics arrangements now and working to have registration open in the next week.

Alright! Big "A"s in! :thumb: .......Popcorn.......Peanut's.......ORANGE KOOL-AID!.......Get your ORANGE KOOL-AID! :rofl:

bigdon,

I expect to have the registration open within a week. My visit with Godzilla delayed getting it completed earlier.

I haven't fully settled on a time limit, but am leaning towards sunup to sundown (i.e. start and finish in daylight). I may shorten that an hour or so, based on the length of each day's course and to make it suitably challenging.

That will work Richard. Are you going to leave time for pitcher taking?:trust:
Sorry that I did not get to visit and here about Godzilla. I got sick and am just now starting to get over it. Not a fun week for me!:yawn:

bigdon,

Yep, you should be able to pause periodically throughout the day and grab a few pictures. Of course, that's assuming you don't run into serious mechanical or other issues.

Okay, registration is open. Download the registration form here.

Over the next few days I will be updating the first post in this thread with all the additional logistic information.

I'm ready NOW! :eek2:

Yeah, me too. It's gonna be a long tax season waiting for this one. I think it's going to be my 800 and a buddy on his new 990.

Richard, can I assume there will be gpx files available? I want to pre-ride the route on Google Earth.

Richard, can I assume there will be gpx files available? I want to pre-ride the route on Google Earth.

Yes, there will be .gpx files available. John Thompson, GPS guru, has volunteered to handle this aspect of the challenge (he is a GPS Jedi; I'm the Jar Jar Binks of the GPS).

Now for the kicker, the gpx files will be available the night before the event. John will have a laptop at rider check-in with the files on it for download. Bring your cable.

The reason behind doing it this way is to keep it in the spirit of the "challenge" part of the event.

Will Mr. Thompson help us more mature guys who have GPS's but are somewhat challenged in downloading these files?

Robert,

I believe John will be supervising the download process so if you bring your GPS and your cord you should be okay to get the files downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back