• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike was stolen this morn

Reaction score
Got to work at 5am this morn. Parked on the sidewalk next to the entrance. Went to leave at 11:15am and my bike was gone. Coworker said he didn't notice it when he got there at 6.

This is the one time I didn't lock the handlebars. I work in Burleson off i35 and allsbury.

The bike is a '06 Yamaha FZ1 with the retro white and red body kit on it. White with red stripes. It has powder coated gold wheels and was otherwise all stock. Does not have mirrors on it. Has red bar ends and red windscreen screws. Also has some crash bars with rash on the right side.

I'm am beyond pissed. Just got the bike to perfect condition and was in the process of selling it. Only have liability on it. I've had the **** bike since '06 and nobody has ever tried to steal it. ***.

Will post a pic when I get home.

Don't beat yourself up about not locking the forks - usually 3 or 4 guys just pick em' up and carry them into a pick-up

Ask around to see if anybody in the area have surveillance video - maybe you can get lucky

Yep, they got my Gixxer with the forks locked and a disk lock on it. Just like yours, right on the sidewalk by the entrance, except mine was in broad daylight because one of my coworkers remembered seeing it at 5pm when he walked in. It was gone by 6pm.

Like this one right?

740952660_iYMxK-XL.jpg

just like that but I had the gold forks.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/palmer_shsu/cell pics/b0ab9cc0.jpg

Well that really sucks. Hope you get it back soon..
You didn't show the bike to someone and they knew where you worked?

Saw the pic.. live in the area.. will watch for it. What store do you work at? That sucks and I am sorry to hear it...

Surely your AP guys have video of this right? I know it's not good for much, at that time of day you will probably see 4 guys who you can't identify load it into a pickup with a plate you can't id because it's dark. It is worth a try though.

You had it parked outside a BB and someone took it? What kind of neighborhood/area?
They'll steal from anywhere. Mine was taken from the tollway and beltline near Addison.

The key to his theft is, like mine, I bet that folks saw it there on a regular basis and could plan the snatch of the bike. It sucks but parking it outside like that all the time is too tempting to some folks.

That's why I bought this cheapo thing. Won't be able to hear it in a big building but it's high enough pitched, it'll get heads turning.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_10EZ3zeZE"]Honda VFR C-11 alarm system - YouTube[/ame]

You had it parked outside a BB and someone took it? What kind of neighborhood/area?

Sorry to hear this.

In reality that is a good area.. backs up to a higher middle class neighborhood.. but as we know, theft is a crime of opportunity.. Auto theft tends to be a immediate gratification crime.

I hope you get it back...

I had a Scorpio alarm on the bike, but only used it at the apartments ;(

No video outside the building. But there is a camera that focuses on the front door. On the video you see a truck drive by twice at 5:07am, but too dark to really see anyone.

If you followed the bike thief confesses thread you realize that if they want the bike bad enough and the perps are good, there's very little you can do to stop them. Alarm systems included.

I'll definitely keep an eye out. That paint scheme alone will make it stand out. Gorgeous bike. :-(

I had a Scorpio alarm on the bike, but only used it at the apartments ;(

No video outside the building. But there is a camera that focuses on the front door. On the video you see a truck drive by twice at 5:07am, but too dark to really see anyone.

From the video, can you see how they took the bike?

I live on the opposite side of town and work even farther North and East from there. I will keep an eye out and have shared this with riders from my work.

Hope you get it back.

Personally can attest to this being the worst feeling ever. I will keep an eye out on Craigslist, recovered mine there after 3 years.

Back