• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

4/14-4/16 Ride To Arkansas - Hot Springs Area

Hotboot

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Re: 4/14-4/16 Ride to Arkansas? Hot Springs area.

You missed a good ride Theresa, no .... a great one.
Spend Easter weekend with a Wabbit and treats are in store.
Popped in to say home safe.
:rider: Great trip.
Monkey butt gone. :clap:
Bike looks like it slaughtered all the bugs in Arkansas. :eek2:

Jay and I just flew into Tyler about 6:00. Wabbit does not disappoint!! It was a fantastic ride.

1,000 miles for the trip.... not too bad. Thanks to everyone for making this trip a memorable one. I vote we do this every Easter!!!!

Home safe in Dallas. Logged 1020 miles this weekend. :rider:

I'll try to get pics up soon.

I second the Easter ride idea. We had most of the roads to ourselves with very few cagers or cruisers around.

Glad you all had a good time. I too went on a short 2 day trip this weekend and logged 800+ miles and mostly had the roads all to myself as well. The only time I was riding with other bikes was on the Dragon and on the highway back home.

jetblue said:
Bike looks like it slaughtered all the bugs in Arkansas. :eek2:

I'm glad to hear the bug population managed to recover from my last visit. And so, the cycle continues... Luckily bugs have no philosophy leading them to believe that someday, somehow, THEY will be the windshield.
:lol2:

Re: 4/14-4/16 Ride to Arkansas!

Chasing that wascally wabbit sure was fun -- thanks for letting me tag along! Minimal traffic, good weather, great roads, great riding buddies. I didn't pack enough, but I sure ate too much. And I came up 5.1 miles short of reaching 1000 miles for the weekend, dad nab it.

Here's a couple o' pics...
The riders: me, jetblue, wabbit, dutchinterceptor, txbanditrydr.
The bikes: wabbit, me, jetblue, txbanditrydr, dutchinterceptor.

+1 on the annual tradition. :rider:

--Chris :eat:

Great shot of us riders!!

Can you do something about the glare on my bald head though??

dutchinterceptor said:

You can say that again. Also, there is always a "black" sheep (or bike in this case) in the crowd... Always fighting the system... never wants to go with the flow...:doh:

Yeah, apparently I didn't get "The Memo" about having to show up on a "blue" motorcycle. They took pity on me thank goodness. They let me ride at the back of the group AND about 200 yards behind the last guy for some reason...

Thanks again to Wabbit for a fantastic ride!! Good to meet all you guys too and look forward to the next ride.

The Crystal Inn in Mount Ida
(Home to the world's largest collection of laminated signage)
th_Arkansas043.jpg

This was a small collection of signs for this motel. There are at least a hundred more just inside the restaurant. They had good food and the rooms were clean though. Just a warning: Don't park your motorcycle with your front wheel sticking 6" into a fire lane or the owner will freak out.:lol2:

th_Arkansas041.jpg
th_Arkansas040.jpg
th_Arkansas039.jpg

th_da075944.jpg
th_54e66f5b.jpg
th_d250a3c4.jpg
th_4e015da4.jpg

th_495d4e69.jpg

Transportation for the weekend.

th_161ec07f.jpg
th_baefd24b.jpg
th_98d73ead.jpg

th_fe502826.jpg
th_0bd3bd74.jpg

The "Blue" Crew

th_0975aa39.jpg

Other Shots

th_Arkansas053.jpg
th_Arkansas049.jpg
th_Arkansas047.jpg

th_Arkansas045.jpg
th_9c2c5bc4.jpg
th_62718a97.jpg

th_6e719125.jpg

Almost got rid of the chicken strips

th_VFRMisc022.jpg
th_VFRMisc023.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/VFRMisc023.jpg

BUGS....as mentioned earlier. This was just Sunday's collection. It was clean when I started home.

th_VFRMisc015.jpg
th_VFRMisc011.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/VFRMisc011.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/VFRMisc011.jpg

WOW! a Bike Bone Yard COOL !!!:clap:
I Love Bike Bone Yard's:trust:

Great pictures, sounds like a fun ride, wish I could have made it.

Nice pix guys, those signs were a constant source of amusement.
Get that nut away from the cliff and don't let him pick up big spiders.
I logged 1072 miles, most of them chasing Wabbit through corners at a very high rate of speed. The sides of these Dunlops can attest to that.
I am amazed at 47-49 mpg wailing on the big blue pig the way I was.
If you were to dream of the perfect motorcycle weekend, this was it.
Perfect weather, a few raindrops Saturday slowed us for 10 miles or so.
Decent lodging, rocking chairs and picnic tables with an on site eatery. We got to sleep 20 feet from our bikes.
Awesome scenery, my favorite was the forest canopy section with miles and miles of blooming dogwood trees.....ahh the smell....
Good grippy road surfaces for the most part, very little traffic to pass.
Excellent machinery with experienced riders, all prepared for corner assault.
Wabbit (fearless leader) did all the work and route planning, including topographical overlays, alternate plans and timelines.
All hail Wabbit.

You need these every trip: one dead deer outside Hot Springs, one close call with a diving buzzard north of Clarksville, one U-turn, 25 raindrops to remind you to bring rain gear.....next time. We had all that.

Funniest things: the signs at the motel, and the pet deer tied up in a yard playing with a plastic bag like a puppy.
Scariest thing: an over-cooked left hander by me causing Dutch to check-up in the middle of a fast corner...sorry dude, and a BIG HOUSE COMING AT US :eek2: ascending Magazine Mountain. Thank God for the place to pull 5 bikes out of the way.

A perfect weekend indeed.

dutchinterceptor said:

Oh, I thought the guy sitting on the fencepost must be Cliff.

Well after much scrubbing and polishing I finally got rid of all the bug guts and pollen. Plus one on everything posted so far... I had a blast and just now got around to checking out the pictures I took. Since so many of them look like pics already posted I'll limit it to these....

Atop Magazine Mountian.... you really can't appreciate how high up you are (or how much cooler it can get) until you're up there - it was a buzzard's paradise.

ride060415magmtn1a2qu.jpg

Another Mag Mount shot with a bit of an artsy-fartsy flair....

ride060415magmtn02a6is.jpg

And finally atop one of many overlooks at Talahena - a really great collection of bikes.

ride060416talapana18bg.th.jpg

jetblue said:
Funniest things: the signs at the motel, and the pet deer tied up in a yard playing with a plastic bag like a puppy.
I'd like to add the friendly neighborhood XMart Supercenter right next to McDonalds in Clarksville. They were rolling back something for sure. :rofl:

Dont forget the car with Just Married on it parked under the one lane bridge in the ozarks.

I bet they didnt expect 5 bikes zooming overhead on their honeymoon.

wabbit said:
Dont forget the car with Just Married on it parked under the one lane bridge in the ozarks.

I bet they didnt expect 5 bikes zooming overhead on their honeymoon.

I was not going to mention that, or our gene pool discussion.

Back