• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandit weight loss

Those footpeg weights weigh 225 gram and do very little apart from looking
bad.They used to be here.
IMG_3992.jpg

I haven't noticed any more vibes - the front footrest plates bolt to the frame through rubber bushes which might help

I took the steel weights off of the rider's foot pegs about 3 years ago, and I also run solid mounts for the foot peg brackets as well, and I don't get any vibration at all, even on 400+ mile days. I also have been running solid mount handle bars for well over 3 years with no vibration problems either.

Another 3.5 Kg off the bike :thumb:

I took it to the local MOT centre * and put it on their scales (full tank) and it was 3.5 Kg lighter than I had calculated!

... best upgrade I've done so far :rider:

Wet weights:

Standard 1250 SA: 254 kg
My bike front wheel: 115 kg
My bike rear wheel: 105 kg
My bike total: 220 Kg

Total weight loss from standard 1250 SA: 34 Kg

And just for a quick comparison (wet weights):

My 1250: 220 Kg
FZ1: 214 (221 ABS)
Z1000: 218 (221 ABS)
CB1000R: 217 (222 ABS)
Speed Triple: 214 (non ABS)

* MOT centres are where we have to get our bikes tested for roadworthiness each year in the UK

34kg=74.9lbs?? wow!

:rider:

It's relatively easy on the Bandits because everything weighs so much on the standard bike. For example the centre stand alone weighs 3 kg so I just took it off

I originally had a top box, panniers and Suzuki lower fairing fitted ... and if I add those into the weight loss it comes to a staggering 54 Kg! (119 pounds)

Yogi---It seems you have not removed your charcoal canister and other emission related plumbing. Is this because of the inspections you have to do across the pond? Some KGs can be lost there.

Yogi---It seems you have not removed your charcoal canister and other emission related plumbing. Is this because of the inspections you have to do across the pond? Some KGs can be lost there.

US bikes are the only ones that have a charcoal canister, but bikes sold elsewhere in the world have a PAIR system same as we do.

Thanks Broncsrule21 :thumb:

As MetrickMetal said, there is no EVAP system on our UK Bandits but I have removed the PAIR system. It doesn't save much weight (0.4 kg) but removing all that plumbing makes it so much easier to take the plugs out - look at all this space :)

DSCN7379c.jpg

DSCN7372c.jpg

Back