• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

#166 - Interesting Details [ENTRY]

Pick your favorite or favorites, multiple choices are permited.

• achesley

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • M38A1

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • NotDave

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • WoodButcher

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Entry 5 Anonymous

• Entry 6 Anonymous

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Entry 7 Anonymous

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Entry 8 Anonymous

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Tracker

• Hail

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
This time around lets play with a concept: Interesting Details.

Have some fun with this and look around your home or garage/shed. Lots of ideas for you to play with.

• Macro photo
  • an interesting texture
  • the spine of a book
  • the grips of your favorite firearm or knife
  • food, fruits/veggies or meats
  • skin, fur, feathers
  • bricks, rocks, soil, grass
  • landscapes
  • and on and on and on....

I am not wanting to prescribe a specific scene or subject matter, but will leave that up to you, just capture some interesting details in your image. Think about depth of field, light/shadows and composition.

For the ENTRY thread, a poll will be created with some dummy information for entry participants. Why? Due to technical constraints, the ENTRY thread/poll has to be created at the time the entry thread is created but will be inactive for about three weeks while entries are submitted. THERE IS A LIMIT OF 10 ENTRIES per assignment, so take that into consideration in your timing and execution of the assignment. After three weeks, I'll do some edits to the poll and open it up for a seven day period where TWT forum members can vote for the entry they best feel met the assignment criteria. The votes will be anonymous.

Specifics for this assignment:
1) Entry is limited to the first 10 submissions. If the assignment fills up before the deadline, the poll will open then and run for seven days
2) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!
3) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.
4) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.
5) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and Sunday the 24th of January, 2016 or the receipt of TEN entry submissions - whichever comes first.

As an added twist, I am volunteering to host images that wish to be entered into the "Entry" thread, to keep the images anonymous until voting is over. If you would like to enter anonymously, shoot me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0582-1.jpg

Last edited:
Assignment #166 is now CLOSED

Please refrain from comments until a winner is selected by ALL TWT members.

Voting will end on January 22nd and the winner will be known at that time.

Thank-you for all those who participated.

Do we congratulate the winner somewhere?

So what did everyone think of the voting this go around? Only 1 vote separated the winner, and the winner is: ANONYMOUS 7! otherwise known as txbanditrydr

With Honorable Mention to: Woodbutcher.

Congrats to all the participants, and I am happy to see that every image got at least 1 vote.

Tale of the tape:
0M4FqUH.png

Now.. as I mentioned int he assignment thread and in post #1 in this thread, the Anonymous participants would remain so until voting is over.

Entry #5 Anonymous = jar675
Entry #6 Anonymous = Duke
Entry #7 Anonymous = txbanditrydr
Entry #8 Anonymous = Daytrader

So.. now it is txbanditrydr to pick a topic for the next assignment, and speaking personally if its anything as creative and his entry was for this last go around, I am looking forward to participating.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I liked the voting process and would like to see it continue. Really nice to see a good number of entries. I'd be in favor of the new format and would along with....

1) all entries anonymous
2) all entries posted simultaneously at the project deadline
3) long edge of picture not to exceed 900 pixels

I have a good idea of the next project but need to work out a couple of things. Stay tuned.

Duke... could you edit the anonymous pictures above to include entrant's name?

Last edited:
Congrats on this assignment TxBanditRyder! I liked the voting process. I agree with everything above except #3. Are you proposing that the entries be submitted at 900 pixels or just displayed in the thread? At 900 pixels I can't even tell if a photo is in focus. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on this assignment TxBanditRyder! I liked the voting process. I agree with everything above except #3. Are you proposing that the entries be submitted at 900 pixels or just displayed in the thread? At 900. Pixels I can't even tell if a photo is in focus. :)

I'd like to see the submitted entry have a "long side" no longer than 900 pixels. This would be to make the viewing/judging process more equal (no large images to "overshadow" other entries) and to eliminate scrolling to see the entire image. Even portrait shots could be viewed without scrolling.

Yes, some of us still use older monitors that don't have 22,000 x 15,000 display attributes :rofl: My entry picture had the left to right dimension at 900 pixels and I found it to fit well. I would gladly re-size any photo for those who wish to enter but can't accomplish that - - - if this condition is permitted by the powers to be.

Hope this makes sense.

Congrats....

Duke is willing to gather/resize and push up/post entries. There's a lot of moving parts with the new format now. The winner has to create the Assignment post, I have to create the Entry post with the poll, and Duke has to receive, host and post each individual entry.

On the topic of Duke's work, he's willing to do this again for the next round, so the entries will go to him. They must be AT LEAST 1000px on the long side. The host he's using will downsize them to 1000 (not 900), but if it's smaller than 1000 will not upsize them. He's got no problem with the max 20 entries doing this either. (the forum software has a max of 20). I'm guessing he will keep the assignment thread updated with the number of entries received during the period. If we get 21, number 21 is out and the timestamp of when he receives the entry will drive what gets in.

So for this next assignment, we'll TRY the following:
1) Everyone submit your entry to Duke directly
2) All entries must be at least 1000px on the long side going to him. He'll host them at a resized 1000px (that's his host native size and i don't want to ask him to manually import/resize pics - let the host do that)
3) He'll post all the entries "Annon #1, Annon #2 etc
4) They'll all be posted at the same time

How's that sound?

I'd like to see the submitted entry have a "long side" no longer than 900 pixels. This would be to make the viewing/judging process more equal (no large images to "overshadow" other entries) and to eliminate scrolling to see the entire image. Even portrait shots could be viewed without scrolling.

Yes, some of us still use older monitors that don't have 22,000 x 15,000 display attributes :rofl: My entry picture had the left to right dimension at 900 pixels and I found it to fit well. I would gladly re-size any photo for those who wish to enter but can't accomplish that - - - if this condition is permitted by the powers to be.

Hope this makes sense.

I am al for it displaying in the thread at 900. I just like to be able to click on images and see them in their full glory. Just my 2 copper pieces. I have also do not have as much skin in this game as everyone else.

Back