• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2001 Connie...decision made

bowtie39

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
This was the Connie to be the keeper however, at this point it seems less is more to me as one bike is enough. Owned 2 years and is a solid bike to which I've added some comfort items and a couple are almost unobtainable. Rifle shield, Helibars, tank bra, spin on oil filter, fork brace, C14 Concours rear shock and Hildebrand hiway pegs. The foot pegs have lowering brackets and Gold Wing pegs. I like to fiddle with lights (LED) and added front and rear side markers. Converted nasty OEM rear blinkers to a Harley style LED setup which are running and turn signals with some Hyperlights added for good measure. A not so old Shorai battery. Fuel tank wasn't to my liking when purchased and I had a NEW tank on hand and that's why it's silver. Tires are OK but not new. I've changed fork oil and stiffened it up a bit. It is clean but has a couple subtle bruises. Have the luggage and mounts which are in good condition. A FSM and a few other maintenance items will go with it. That rear rack is a Back Road Equipment and I had a Pelican fitted to it which was very handy. I'm keeping the Pelican. Bike has 32400 miles and ready to ride. 2600.00

Attachments

• IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3324.JPG
    IMG_3324.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Bowtie's bike would be the best sorted older style Concours you will find as he knows these bikes well. Hey, even with the plain black bags...
I'll second this. I picked up Bowtie's other Connie a while back and am still enjoying it. As stated, he knows these bikes well, is straight up to deal with and is always generous with his knowledge and time.

Having some interest from here and word of mouth. I am a long time member there but have had better exposure here and other places. I'll give it a little more time and may post it up.

Thanks for the compliment! It's a solid bike and ready.

Back