• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 $4800 **PRICE DROP**

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Up for quick sale is my 2015 FJ-09. I bought it from @sodapop in 2019 with ~14k miles on it. I've run it up to nearly 26k, and while I do love it, it's time to make a change.

The details:
  • 25408 miles
  • Shad SH-36 side cases - both sides hold my full face helmet. They come on and off really quickly, and the racks that remain installed are fairly discrete
  • Small top box installed on a custom rear seat, with original OEM rear seat fully intact and swaps out in 30 seconds
  • GIVI rear rack, not installed
  • Steibel Nautilus air horn
  • Skene rear conspicuity lights
  • BD Electronic cruise control - AMAZING addon for this bike
  • tail tidy
  • Three wind screens: factory (installed now) and two bigger touring options. I like the factory small one for nearly all riding, except if I know I'm throwing down some miles, or if it's crazy Texas hot!
  • I improved the front screen height adjustment using a bicycle front axle with quick release. Handy!
  • I also removed the handguards. I didn't like their look, and don't think they helped aero in any noticeable way
  • Wires for electric heated gear - I use Cycle Gear's in-house brand of jacket liner and gloves
  • Just changed oil (Castrol full synthetic and H&N filter less than 500 miles ago in Dec
  • Just inspected and registered
  • Printed Yamaha factory service manual
  • Center stand (is that OEM, I dunno)
  • Antigravity ATZ-10 Restart lithium battery
  • and a box full of the OEM takeoffs, extra clutch cable, and odds and ends.
  • it's got the factory ECU, untouched. You can have it flashed, and I've come close to doing it on a couple of occasions. One reason is to remove the 115 mph speed limiter. With that limiter in place, you hit top speed in 4th gear (yes, I've done it, thank you COTA) ) . Unlimited, it'll just keep on pulling...
I'm heading back to the ADV world, and AF1 has a Tuareg with my name on it. They kinda low-balled on the trade-in, so if anyone here wants a deal on this bike, time is of the essence. Otherwise, AF1 gets it and y'all can buy it from them :D .

This FJ is so darn fun to ride. This 900 triple just rips, and so much power all across the range. It's comfy for all day rides - a little over 500 miles is my longest day, but doubling that would not be a problem. The suspension, brakes, chassis, etc - that's all totally adequate. Not amazing, that's not why you buy it. And that's why it's priced SO much lower than the Tracers that upgraded this model. Cruise, three waterproof cases, and wired for heated gear put the 'tour' in Sport Tourer. It's a Yamaha, so it's just getting broken in at 26k miles.

Kelly says this is worth $7665, even without the cases, cruise, etc, but that's hooey.

RmpZtUZSyJOlFuV2PIH1TBn8gc-OJOXDe1tOZ9MxQFbPg=w400.jpg

Let's do $5500, priced to sell quickly :)
Current price $4800

Let's take a look: (full size photos over here)

PAEJYeckoGa4WgfHC-UNr1ZDuBBk0KyM4TPYYIXg990A=w1000.jpg

HwH-LKB0SNMPzQ4YteUHXcc-DTbLF7b8bHpes88pVhSw=w1000.jpg

And the cases:

rLTUE8CyP3aXvgye1uJKHKIt7KmUgBIEfXDW-hdnj-3g=w1000.jpg

NJF6Ea6KDooQmMtaU-r7sNFRTmKlTmcoUcDtZnXjCVMfQ=w859.jpg

Smaller factory screen (oh, and I spot adjustable clutch and brake levers in that shot, too)

Fh0S_UHWfKF3ZE9bCZw1NZJYl4papc5XW0Y8_YckRPvQ=w1000.jpg

My DIY adjuster. I also installed a second cigarette-style power plug - so there's one on both sides of the screen; left one visible below.

3LlURMSL_q2F043XDVkMS61rhXpoPM0nlmOMOwzpzu5Q=w1000.jpg

Magical Cruise Control: The LED next to the turn signal shows the cruise status (ready, cruzin', off). Middle of the three sets, the top and bottom to speed or slow. RAM mount ball on the bar risers for your favorite phone mount. There's also a RAM ball just out of the picture below - above the dash. Hang your GPS off of that one.

y2NAxo9xzxd575TzUk9GZPa8Q20iQRdxWt_gfkziRQ0w=w1000.jpg

Odometer, as of today.

oTJl7R4DPpoGMzHmmlfE2zEQPMTRV3qhC7OsKAm0hQpw=w1000.jpg

Tires are from 2021 and installed at 20k miles. You'll need a new set shortly. Angled BLUE valve stems front and rear.
CHA_Lefcfnbqz5t7EKAr2gIzHJAV53uToP3zQe_bnS3Q=w1000.jpg

PkJnvQgzj0NT9UyH5k_FpLpyHdgzPHA5lEBfxg9kiqag=w1000.jpg

Extras: OEM rear seat, GIVI rear rack, seat foam I removed from the 2nd OEM seat pan (used to make my rear topbox holder gizmo). All the OEM take-offs, hardware, spare clutch cable.

nZZ9cSqn7Cw2Ge6xazo_03kZ6k18Z4c6LbrT2utNHilQ=w1000.jpg

Spare screens: medium size and barn door.

fqBH2OHDJCAkP0-ZIMgx4rLQ6vvohw2OAXxQytKx3Aww=w1000.jpg

AhvElPRqlKF1uw3t4meBHUer7q51z8fbzzVgSOCt_LZw=w1000.jpg

Test rides for TWT members with more that 500 posts :)
I'm in central Austin, and would like to be speedy about it. So... who's interested?

Last edited:
Excellent specimen! I love my 2015 FJ09.

For whoever pounces on this excellent deal, let me know if you don't need all your windshields because mine is cracked :mrgreen:

I've had a couple DM's, but no offers....
so: price drop.
$5500
$5250

$5000

Some info people have asked for, and some info no one asked for :)

* I've never used the 'restart' feature on the lithium battery, and I've never had it on a charger. Ride it, park it.
* I do have service records, spreadsheet with ~70 rows, listing every oil change (brand and mileage) everything added or removed, etc. Oil changed roughly every 3k, always full synthetic
* An MT-09 entered the MotoAmerica Super Hooligan race series this year, and just competed at Daytona. That's not the same engine or chassis, but pretty darn similar. Cool to see a Yamaha triple out there with the huge V-Twins and others, fully race prepped :)
* If you're serious about trying / buying, I can hold it for another week, but no next bike for me until this one is gone, and I'm really to pull that trigger :)

Some info people have asked for, and some info no one asked for :)

* I've never used the 'restart' feature on the lithium battery, and I've never had it on a charger. Ride it, park it.
* I do have service records, spreadsheet with ~70 rows, listing every oil change (brand and mileage) everything added or removed, etc. Oil changed roughly every 3k, always full synthetic
* An MT-09 entered the MotoAmerica Super Hooligan race series this year, and just competed at Daytona. That's not the same engine or chassis, but pretty darn similar. Cool to see a Yamaha triple out there with the huge V-Twins and others, fully race prepped :)
* If you're serious about trying / buying, I can hold it for another week, but no next bike for me until this one is gone, and I'm really to pull that trigger :)
I’ll be in Bell county Monday how far away is that from where your bike is ?

Google says 1:09 from temple to my place. I could ride it up North a bit, maybe meet in Georgetown?

Well, I thought I had a buyer. I think his wife disapproved :)
Anyway, let's start the week with another quick price drop. This is getting close to my floor price, so don't expect a lotta additional drops... it'll just go to AF1's used inventory instead. But someone here wants her, right?

$4900

Sweet deal! Someone buy this thing! I bought a bike from Jeff. Squared away guy and got a wonderful, well sorted bike. This one looks even better!

1. Jeff is a top-notch person.
2. Jeff really looks after his machines. Despite that, he gave me a turn on this thing one day out in the hills... woo hooo, this is a nice bike.
3. I genuinely would not hesitate to swing a leg over this bike and head for the the PNW. I can't believe it's a 2015. It looks new.

If an F09 is your plate of brisket, this is your deal.

I've decided to go ahead and buy the Tuareg before the FJ sells. Who says N+1 isn't the right number of bikes anyway! So, I'll have a little more patience in moving the FJ off to it's next home....

I've decided to go ahead and buy the Tuareg before the FJ sells. Who says N+1 isn't the right number of bikes anyway! So, I'll have a little more patience in moving the FJ off to it's next home....
Give a holler if you want to take the Tuareg out towards Hill Country dirt & gravel! I'll be glad to ride with ya on my 800de!

n+1 is always correct, sir. Says the man with 10 motorcycles in his shop....maybe there is an upper limit....blasphemy! Carry on.

Kinda gone quiet here. Lots of interest and questions, then lots of silence.

I would consider a trade, if that tempts anyone. My plan is to sell off my current "fleet" and replace it with the Tuareg and something else. What else? Well, haven't really started thinking about that too much. Probably used, probably not ADV, probably not track-focused (but those Duke's up here recently were very tempting)....

Kinda gone quiet here. Lots of interest and questions, then lots of silence.

I would consider a trade, if that tempts anyone. My plan is to sell off my current "fleet" and replace it with the Tuareg and something else. What else? Well, haven't really started thinking about that too much. Probably used, probably not ADV, probably not track-focused (but those Duke's up here recently were very tempting)....
Thanks for meeting us to see your FJ 09,I was looking to replace my 07 V-Strom 1000 with something found a Super Tenere.If I every replace my 15 Versys 650 I will definitely look for a FJ 09 to me it felt like my Kawasaki on steroids…..

Gone a little quiet in this thread, after a burst of activity. So.. who needs a test ride this weekend?

knocked a bit off my asking price...

Back