• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3 Palms

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Announcement of Retirement

Over 33 years ago, I started my journey in the motocross business. I First began at a piece of property located in Houston Texas off of Mills Road. After 10 years at Mills Road, I landed in Conroe Texas and began to build what is now one of the coolest places to ride a dirtbike. From April 2000 until now, the park has provided a place for friends and families to get together and make memories for a lifetime. Over the years, I have made so many friends and they are still friends to this day. I have been so fortunate to watch many of you move on with your lives, get married, have kids, and now your kids ride at the park. It’s been an honor to serve all of you. The good, and the bad of motocross has had its own unique reward. Over 33 years of weekends dedicated to the sport, but now it is time I step aside and begin a new journey. As of this day, 3 Palms will be listed for sale. From this point on until the property changes hands, we will keep our commitment to continue operating the business in the same manner as we always have. Racing events, as well as running events and concerts will remain on the schedule as we see fit. With that said, to all of the Motocross community that has made memories with us over the years, thank you! The motocross industry, motocross racing promoters, and the motocross manufactures thank you so much for all of the support throughout the years.

As many people may know, 3 Palms is a multi use action sports facility. The property sits directly off of the feeder street of Interstate 45 South and offers 200 acres of family friendly fun. Over the years, the property has been used for dirt bike riding and racing, ATV riding and racing, Mud Run‘s, fun runs, outdoor concerts, boating events, outdoor festivals, and much more. The property is located next to the San Jacinto River and possesses sand and gravel and could be used for aggregate materials. The property could also be used for an ATV, side-by-side, off-road park as well as commercial development. Due to its unique location, it would be perfect for any of those things. We have secured a realtor and the property information will be made public.

Until the next chapter begins, I will continue to serve the motocross community with my very best. Much love and appreciation to all of you, thanks so much for allowing me the opportunity to serve you all.

Trackman197

Very sad. Emil has poured his heart into that place…. We can only hope that the new owner does the same.

I imagine powersports places are similar to small airports. If they go up for sale, they often crease to exist. They're hard to make profitable and the land is often valuable by the time they go up for sale.

For example: Weiser Airpark, close to me in Cypress, went up for sale after the brothers that started it died. The kids just saw dollar signs. They've been slowly converting it to a tilt wall warehouse complex, cheekily calling it the Weiser business park and using an airplane styled logo on the sign.

It is grandfathered in…. Major flood zone …. Nothing can be built there🤩but …. Dirt berms, jumps and whoops that make dirt bike junkies smile.

I imagine powersports places are similar to small airports. If they go up for sale, they often crease to exist. They're hard to make profitable and the land is often valuable by the time they go up for sale.

For example: Weiser Airpark, close to me in Cypress, went up for sale after the brothers that started it died. The kids just saw dollar signs. They've been slowly converting it to a tilt wall warehouse complex, cheekily calling it the Weiser business park and using an airplane styled logo on the sign.
Biggest thing about this property, it is very flood proned. To me other than a track or similar its worthless.

Might have to trade my KTM in for one of these😓

Attachments

• 82082438-C9A2-40CD-8248-44D82579EC04.jpeg
    82082438-C9A2-40CD-8248-44D82579EC04.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 96
Announcement of Retirement

Over 33 years ago, I started my journey in the motocross business. I First began at a piece of property located in Houston Texas off of Mills Road. After 10 years at Mills Road, I landed in Conroe Texas and began to build what is now one of the coolest places to ride a dirtbike. From April 2000 until now, the park has provided a place for friends and families to get together and make memories for a lifetime. Over the years, I have made so many friends and they are still friends to this day. I have been so fortunate to watch many of you move on with your lives, get married, have kids, and now your kids ride at the park. It’s been an honor to serve all of you. The good, and the bad of motocross has had its own unique reward. Over 33 years of weekends dedicated to the sport, but now it is time I step aside and begin a new journey. As of this day, 3 Palms will be listed for sale. From this point on until the property changes hands, we will keep our commitment to continue operating the business in the same manner as we always have. Racing events, as well as running events and concerts will remain on the schedule as we see fit. With that said, to all of the Motocross community that has made memories with us over the years, thank you! The motocross industry, motocross racing promoters, and the motocross manufactures thank you so much for all of the support throughout the years.

As many people may know, 3 Palms is a multi use action sports facility. The property sits directly off of the feeder street of Interstate 45 South and offers 200 acres of family friendly fun. Over the years, the property has been used for dirt bike riding and racing, ATV riding and racing, Mud Run‘s, fun runs, outdoor concerts, boating events, outdoor festivals, and much more. The property is located next to the San Jacinto River and possesses sand and gravel and could be used for aggregate materials. The property could also be used for an ATV, side-by-side, off-road park as well as commercial development. Due to its unique location, it would be perfect for any of those things. We have secured a realtor and the property information will be made public.

Until the next chapter begins, I will continue to serve the motocross community with my very best. Much love and appreciation to all of you, thanks so much for allowing me the opportunity to serve you all.

Trackman197
It's hard to believe it's been that long ago that Emil and Mills Road were a thing. Lots of good memories there and some not so good - like a knee replacement. Three Palms was awesome, too, but it was harder to enjoy after the knee.

Nevertheless, kudos to you for making such a fantastic contribution to off-road riding!

Lots of sad folks in my area who went to the Palms very often. Rio will be even more of a zoo now. Might be some nice bikes for sale before long.

It is grandfathered in…. Major flood zone …. Nothing can be built there🤩but …. Dirt berms, jumps and whoops that make dirt bike junkies smile.
That’s what I was thinking - nothing could be built there due to the flooding issue. If someone wanted to build it up, it would cost millions with little, if any, opportunity to ever recoup the cost. Hopefully a buyer will step up.

There's a couple of nice buildings there now, elevated of course.

Why do these keep showing up in my mail box🤯…. I I could put some knobbies on it🧐…. That seat looks like🤩

Attachments

• 7CC7CE88-F6D9-4098-919F-F1E4E6395D06.jpeg
    7CC7CE88-F6D9-4098-919F-F1E4E6395D06.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 71
"In Harris County, TMTC received a $2 million dollar grant for the TMTC Rio Bravo 2023-acquisition project which includes the acquisition of Rio Bravo Motocross Park."

Now this news release is floating around Facebook. This is where the offroad sticker funds go. Wonder what this means for Rio going forward??

Ok, I’m confused (and that doesn’t take much) but, isn’t the TMTC the group who takes care of the trails in SHNF? Guess I need to find the article somewhere other than face-plant.

I'm quite glad I haven't bought a dirt bike. The places to ride list just keeps shrinking and it wasn't particularly extensive it convenient to begin with.

Let me know if you all want to do a TWTEX.com intro / ride day .... weather is awesome and the ones I ride will cater to SLOW SLOW AND RIDE TOGEHER:zen:

Last edited:
Back