• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A prayer of praise

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Hope ya'll don't mind a praise. James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows..."

Five years ago to the month, I had a good portion of my right cheek removed (that would be the face, not the other end) after a biopsy revealed a Clark's stage III melanoma. At the time, the mortality rate was 80% after five years for stage III tumors. Following the surgery, I went through a year of high dosage interferon treatment (not a lot of fun). However, two amazing things happened, miracles if you will. They biopsied 30+ lymph nodes removed in the surgery--not one had detectable melanoma. The second was I was able to keep working (just barely) through my interferon treatment. Many, many people prayed in my church and family. I thank God for them.

So, everything looks clear and I praise God today for His mercies in my life.

If you haven't hugged your SO or kids today, don't miss the chance.

God bless.

Gary

Gary,
Really glad to hear everything is still going well for you. It is truly amazing what faith can do.

Congratulations, that is great news. I definatly believe in the power of prayer!

TexasTri said:
Gary,
Really glad to hear everything is still going well for you. It is truly amazing what faith can do.
Thanks.
Hopefully this isn't splitting hairs, but I believe it's more the object of your faith rather than the faith itself that matters. The media's always talking about the "power of prayer" as if it's some sort of talisman or the ritual itself has power. Who we pray "to" and the object of our faith I think is the bigger issue.

Hopefully this isn't splitting hairs, but I believe it's more the object of your faith rather than the faith itself that matters.

Absolutely :thumb: But the other makes us "feel" spiritual without requiring anything of us ;-) That is popular.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. It is encouraging. I know so many others that are struggling with various forms of cancer right now and sometimes it just seems overwhelming, and I'm not even the one suffering from the disease!

Back