• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aerostitch or Motoport for Hot Texas Adv. riding

I'm starting to consider one for my RevIt Sand 3 jacket. They make one that zips right in. I like the fit of this jacket much better than my mesh jacket, nevermind the wider range of acceptable temperatures. I'm just wondering how effective an evaporative cooling vest would be in humid SETX. Any experience with them in humid climates?
Yes, the cooling vest worked well for me riding in humidity. Of course that's based on my experience of when I was passing through the East Coast and Southern states. Could be different riding exclusively in humid weather. I'm used to the dry heat of So Cal.

Motoport. If it's too much money, buy only the jacket.
It was my ATGATT for about 12 years, six years of that almost every day.
Saved my hide in three bad get offs and the jacket survived too.
Six blocks or 6,000 miles. Everytime, everywhere.
No matter how short the ride would be or how hot the weather.
Hot humid Houston commutes to work or touring.
Poured water down the sleeves in Phoenix the last day of summer.
Hot dry desert air but felt nice and cool.
Only wore the Motoport pants when touring. Read more about it here.
http://www.best-motorcycle.com/jackets/index.shtm

View attachment 313662
Nice article :thumb:

I am interested in buying a 1piece suit and after some research it seems Aerostitch and Motoport are the best ways to go.
But I am skeptical when it comes to those 100+ days and wonder if you guys have experience with those garments.

Currently I use the BMW Rally suit for 2/3 year (yes I know it doesn’t match the bike, but who cares?) and on hot days the Klim Induction jacked with a riding Jeans.

I heard about LD Comfort base layer, and have short and long sleeve on order.

The reason for the 1piece is the ability to take it off in 2min and wearing casual street cloth under it. And it’s just super comfy.

As far as Aerostitch goes, they not really which one is for year round or summer / winter only, so please help me on that too.
Motoport seems straight forward tho.
Curious if you ever got your Motoport gear?

Curious if you ever got your Motoport gear?

No, they had an awful long delivery time, so I went with Aerostich because they offer regular sizes and had one in stock.
I took the protection out and bought D3O inserts and got the pockets changed. The suit (Roadcrafter R3) is great up until 95F while you keep moving. after that it gets pretty hot in there. However, I don't think there is anything you can wear at 100+ that will keep you cool, accept a AC or Ice West.

I am looking at buying one again this year.

I suffer in the high heat so was very worried. I bought a Klīm Hardanger suit. I don’t even have to open the vents until temps are over 80°F. I’ve worn it in temps to 106° and it still wasn’t bad. I like it a lot!

I suffer in the high heat so was very worried. I bought a Klīm Hardanger suit. I don’t even have to open the vents until temps are over 80°F. I’ve worn it in temps to 106° and it still wasn’t bad. I like it a lot!

I've heard it is a pain to get it on and that it wasn't waterproof. Is that true? I like the Klim quality but up until recently I was just way too fat to fit in regular Gear.

I've heard it is a pain to get it on and that it wasn't waterproof. Is that true? I like the Klim quality but up until recently I was just way too fat to fit in regular Gear.
I think it takes me about 30 seconds to put on, less to take off. It is the ONLY thing I’ve ever worn (riding 55 years) that is absolutely water proof. It is three layer GoreTex. I am 5’10” and 275#. It’s only the legs that are too long, but they have Velcro to cinch around my ankles.

Cool, thank you.

The Stitch is 100% Waterproof as well, and goes on and off same way. (30s or less)

I wear a Vanson Baja jacket and kevlar reinforced jeans in the summer. I haven't had much use for my Roadcrafter since moving south, but I wear my Darien a lot.

Cool, thank you.

The Stitch is 100% Waterproof as well, and goes on and off same way. (30s or less)
The RoadCrafter isn’t waterproof, but the R3 is. At least according to Aerostich descriptions.

No, they had an awful long delivery time, so I went with Aerostich because they offer regular sizes and had one in stock.
I took the protection out and bought D3O inserts and got the pockets changed. The suit (Roadcrafter R3) is great up until 95F while you keep moving. after that it gets pretty hot in there. However, I don't think there is anything you can wear at 100+ that will keep you cool, accept a AC or Ice West.

I am looking at buying one again this year.
Good to know.
I’ve been contemplating ordering a new set of Motoport gear. I’ve definitely got my money’s worth out of it (some 14 years/150,000 miles later). Sure beats all the trial and error of searching for decent women’s riding.

Congrats on getting your Aerostich 👍🏾

Thanks for posting this. I didn’t realize Klim had a one piece suit.

Back