• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Anyone want to ride Cheeseburger loop north of Conroe on Saturday????

Reaction score
Planning on riding the cheeseburger loop again on Saturday. Might do the extended route if time permits. Anyone want to join me?
KTM 890
Average pace, not trying to break any time records.
Meet somewhere around New Waverly on Saturday morning. The loop is about 168 miles. Combination of dirt/ gravel/ pavement. The extended loop adds about 120 Miles. Will stop for lunch. Reply to this thread if you want additional details.

PXL_20220718_200503710.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you see a 1200 GS Rallye chasing after an XT250 and KTM 390 Adv in that area, wave. It will be me chasing my kids. We ride all over the place in the area between Huntsville and BCS.

If we didn't already have plans, we'd join you. Welcome aboard! What area of this vast Houston are you in?

I'll be in Galveston Saturday, but was considering trying to get something together to do on Sunday before heading back home to Louisiana.

Ha, hello fellow TJ.

If we didn't already have plans, we'd join you. Welcome aboard! What area of this vast Houston are you in?
I live in Friendswood so I typically load my bike in my truck and drive north since 1.5hrs though downtown on 45 is not an enjoyable ride! We only have paved roads down here so I have to put some miles in to get a decent ride.

I'm interested in joining you where do you want start?
I typically start in New Waverly at 1375 and 45. I live on the south side so I load my bike into my truck and park at a friends property off Shepard Hill just North of Willis. I did the loop last weekend and it is a pretty enjoyable ride for being so close to Houston. Nothing to technical and mostly grave/ dirt. I am all ears if you have a better route. I haven't tried the expansion loop but I pulled the GPX file out of a thread and it looks like a nice combination of gravel and paved county roads.

I typically start in New Waverly at 1375 and 45. I live on the south side so I load my bike into my truck and park at a friends property off Shepard Hill just North of Willis. I did the loop last weekend and it is a pretty enjoyable ride for being so close to Houston. Nothing to technical and mostly grave/ dirt. I am all ears if you have a better route. I haven't tried the expansion loop but I pulled the GPX file out of a thread and it looks like a nice combination of gravel and paved county roads.

That north expansion is where I totalled my first Africa Twin. I haven't been back out that way since. That whole tire should be pretty straightforward, just watch for marbles in the corners on your way to Marquez from Flynn.

Alternately, if you're already going to New Waverly, is the Groveton loop. It runs in the east side of I-45 and had a bit more varied conditions. It's in my Dropbox of routes.

That north expansion is where I totalled my first Africa Twin. I haven't been back out that way since. That whole tire should be pretty straightforward, just watch for marbles in the corners on your way to Marquez from Flynn.

Alternately, if you're already going to New Waverly, is the Groveton loop. It runs in the east side of I-45 and had a bit more varied conditions. It's in my Dropbox of routes.

Thanks for the files William! Definitely going to give the Groveton loop a try.

Groveton definitely more challenging.
Thanks for the info. I'm up for a challenge this weekend. The CB loop is pretty laid back but sill a nice ride. I am hoping to set up a monthly ride for us Houston/ East Texas folk. Let me know if you are ever looking for a riding buddy.

Always up for a ride but currently work Saturdays. Be prepared for deep sand in Groveton.

Maybe water in the creek!

Attachments

• 20170125_130346.jpg
    20170125_130346.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 82
Always up for a ride but currently work Saturdays. Be prepared for deep sand in Groveton.
Already getting flash backs from riding though Wyoming last year. Endless miles of sand. Glad I decided to go with the knobbies on that trip our it could have been a complete disaster lol

Attachments

• PXL_20220717_214510097.jpg
    PXL_20220717_214510097.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 62
Already getting flash backs from riding though Wyoming last year. Endless miles of sand. Glad I decided to go with the knobbies on that trip our it could have been a complete disaster lol
Sometimes it's real close to that. Doubt it's that dry right now.

Sometimes it's real close to that. Doubt it's that dry right now.
Daniel and I got out for a ride late this afternoon and into the evening. We cut through the forest from 1374 over to the trailhead near the Gulf Coast Trades Center and then ran over to Kelly's Pond. We got into some sand and it was bone dry...

Thanks for the info. I'm up for a challenge this weekend. The CB loop is pretty laid back but sill a nice ride. I am hoping to set up a monthly ride for us Houston/ East Texas folk. Let me know if you are ever looking for a riding buddy.
Did you make it out?

Did you make it out?
Yessir I did the Groveton loop on Saturday. It was a great ride! Weather was perfect, mostly dry, and lunch at Bullet Grill House was on point. Always down to ride if anyone is looking for a riding buddy. Might ride on Sunday if I get around to changing my leaky fork seal tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.JPEG
    IMG_0207.JPEG
    708.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0209.JPEG
    IMG_0209.JPEG
    756.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0210.JPEG
    IMG_0210.JPEG
    389.6 KB · Views: 81
Back