• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas opportunity

If you've never ridden in AR, do it!!

I may be able to hit the Arkansas 500. Anyone ridden this before? My wife will want to be on the back, can't leave her at home. Wonder if they allow that?

I may be able to hit the Arkansas 500. Anyone ridden this before? My wife will want to be on the back, can't leave her at home. Wonder if they allow that?
I've done it a couple times, but on 450 type bikes. Not sure what you're riding, but would assume something bigger if bringing a passenger. I don't think it would be very comfortable for her, and it's held rain or shine. I'd suggest sending a PM to Scotty on ADV to ask him directly. I think he usually has some "big bike" detours planned.

I've done it a couple times, but on 450 type bikes. Not sure what you're riding, but would assume something bigger if bringing a passenger. I don't think it would be very comfortable for her, and it's held rain or shine. I'd suggest sending a PM to Scotty on ADV to ask him directly. I think he usually has some "big bike" detours planned.

I'm riding a BWM F800GS now. We ride a lot of the dirt roads with little gravel.

I dont know how capable you are with a passenger but there are some pretty knarly sections.
There are some big bike go rounds and you definitely want to take those. Ian Love and i tried going through on ktm 890s and eventually turned around on one section when the river rocks got so big we could not continue. Like 1.5 ft and bigger diameter. It would have been fun on smaller bikes. If it rains the tracks can also be slick as there is little gravel on some sections.

I dont know how capable you are with a passenger but there are some pretty knarly sections.
There are some big bike go rounds and you definitely want to take those. Ian Love and i tried going through on ktm 890s and eventually turned around on one section when the river rocks got so big we could not continue. Like 1.5 ft and bigger diameter. It would have been fun on smaller bikes. If it rains the tracks can also be slick as there is little gravel on some sections.

With the wife on back, sounds like I need to reconsider. No sense in beating up my passenger, me or the bike. This is supposed to be fun, right? :)

Huge rocks doesn't sound like my idea of fun on any bike!

With the wife on back, sounds like I need to reconsider. No sense in beating up my passenger, me or the bike. This is supposed to be fun, right? :)
Screenshot_20230106_074110_Gallery.jpg

This was one of the creek crossings before the rocks got so big it took two of us to turn the bikes around.
Crazy fun track but not with a big bike and a passenger. There was a big bike go round on this section but of course we decided we could do it anyway. Lol

Like I said, get ahold of Scotty directly. He usually had routes for big bikes/adventure types as well.

Back