• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Budget Saddlebags for Vstrom?

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for budget but functional saddlebags for Vstrom - 28L or less with no rack? I use a Givi Hard case for the tail, but would like to get the side bags for some trips being planned this summer. I have used a Touratech on my KLR but let that go when I sold the bike a few years ago. Budget being no more than say $150?

Thanks

Last edited:
Actually, Touratech is what I used on my 1st VStrom, an '05 Wee. They didn't look big, but I was amazed at how much stuff I was able to cram into them. By the way, the attachment straps were basically worthless, but I worked out a system with a few bungee cords that worked quite well. I bought them from an online provider for about $150.

Here's a picture of them. Don't let their size fool you; somehow, they were bigger inside than outside.

Attachments

• 2012-0518 (1).JPG
    2012-0518 (1).JPG
    477.8 KB · Views: 58
I have a set of these and love them. Don't really consider them budget, but rather good value. Too small for your need probably.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-traverse-pannier-bags-p

This is the next size up, $50 more than your budget. I will be getting a set of these for a T7 soon.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-excursion-rackless-luggage-system-p
Shoot I like that first set. and the price is right. Might be small, but I like the look and fit. Thanks!

Actually, Touratech is what I used on my 1st VStrom, an '05 Wee. They didn't look big, but I was amazed at how much stuff I was able to cram into them. By the way, the attachment straps were basically worthless, but I worked out a system with a few bungee cords that worked quite well. I bought them from an online provider for about $150.

Here's a picture of them. Don't let their size fool you; somehow, they were bigger inside than outside.
Thats a pretty bike - that RED. I hear ya.. the Touratech seemed to be pretty good and worked well on my KLR. The heavier stuff - tools, etc, went into these. I have found some T bags.. virtually feeling them out.. Thanks!

Mabe a bit outta price range...but

& I hava set of brand new Givi E21 top loading cases... $120
Thank you - I could definitely increase the budget, but just dont think Ill be doing that many longer type trips (overnight) with this bike. Would like to eventually get something newer and more akin to off road - T700 or so. Funny, I've had my Wee longer than my KLR but had the KLR farkled pretty good for these trips and took several over the years before selling.. Kind of regret it now. Thanks for sharing.

Back