• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chad Reed

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I haven’t raced SX in 18months. I did exactly what I said I’d do- just focus on being a really good Dad to my 3 kids and spend time with my wife. Traveling the bmx race scene and now the amateur MX scene has kept us all busy and happy. I got a phone call from @supercross_de_paris to come over for a race and I couldn’t say no. Off the couch isn’t a new thing for me and we can all wish for better prep. But mostly I’m excited to drop the gate with the boys again. @antoniocairoli and I haven’t raced SX against each other before! So we’ll tick that box before he retires. There is no feeling like that gate drop: you cannot replicate it. I will get to work this month and hopefully muscle memory serve me well. 20 yrs since the first time I was in Bercy. This race has stood the test of time and remained a great race to be part of for all international riders. I’m really happy to be going to @supercross_de_paris to support them and what they do for the sport and the riders. #22 #racing #chadreed #parissupercross #gatedrops

I wonder what brand bike he will show up on🤔….was he on a KTM his last few rides?

My son has a hat, number plate and goggles Chad Reed handed him. When he was small he would bring a poster to supercross and hang out after the race to see Chad Reed.

I wonder what brand bike he will show up on🤔….was he on a KTM his last few rides?
Good question, he doesn't say. But his son is on KTM and picture from 2 weeks ago he is on one.

Maybe back to green.

Attachments

• 2154FA81-06AF-46E7-A651-CD7305C7A6BE.jpeg
    2154FA81-06AF-46E7-A651-CD7305C7A6BE.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 135
He is right about the gate drop. My first race was at Burleson on my 87 CR500 for Texas Series in 88. Never have had an adrenaline rush before or since to match sitting on the starting line with 20+ open class bikes as the gate dropped and racing toward the first turn. I’m sure that was nothing like a pro race, but it’s something I’ll never forget.

Back