• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Clean mid pipe?

Reaction score
So this is a mid pipe from a Delkevic exhaust for my Bandit. My boot hits it as you can see and it’s finally gotten to the point that it’s annoying me. I’d like to clean this off and add a heat shield. Any recommendations for cleaning?

A3777ED7-3751-4BFE-9E1A-FA24D139E91E.jpeg

Clean off what you can with a razor blade when its cold then apply WD 40 mixed with dishwashing detergent, and use a scotchbrite bad. You can buy aftermarket pipe guards on the web or wrap with exhaust tape.

Plastic scraper, some WD40, spray cleaner/polish, and razor blade. I actually made a clean spot! Here's the after pics. I am going to slide that heat shield further back but center stand stop might be in the way.
IMG_1270.jpeg
IMG_1272.jpeg

Yep I used an aftermarket one that attached with stainless hose clamps that are hidden when mounted on my FJR they worked perfect

Of course on the ZRX I did what any good fool would do and bought a full TI System with a different mid pipe bend

Back