• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dobbs Valley Road bridge

Reaction score
This old bridge is on Dobbs Valley Road is neat, and not too difficult to reach.

54c86885.jpg

The weight rating is higher than I expected.

e109f2f2.jpg

This old homestead is nearby.

37c1e8c8.jpg

Here is the side view, from down in the low water crossing next to it.

aeaef282.jpg

Dobbs Valley Road can be found off US281, between Mineral Wells and I20. It is about 4 miles north of I20, and about 2 miles north of the neat old Brazos River bridge.
If you miss Dobbs Valley Road, the next road is Dobbs Valley Spur, which connects with it.
The bridge is about 4 miles up the road (decent gravel/dirt.)
A few weeks ago when I was there, a sign was up to warn of a bridge out further up the road, so you might not be able to get in the back way.
If the road is open, you can continue to Bennett Road, which connects with FM3028 and FM113.

Back on 281, if you continue a few more miles north and up Seven Mile Hill, there is an old roadside picnic area with a very nice overlook of this area. The legend we were told as kids said that stagecoach bandits were killed by the sheriff in this area but the box of money was never found.

Back