• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS experience in CO?

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Murphy
I am thinking of a trip to CO...(not sure when). I have heard a lot about Silverton. I may go there. I've seen vids on YouTube of some of the local DS riding....

But I have access to a free condo in Winter Park. I stayed in Winter Park a few years ago and I did some mountain biking; but I did not have a mc with me.

I've heard nothing but awesome things about riding in and around the Silverton area. But winter Park has that one feature that we all love so much: free place to stay. ;-)

Has anyone stayed at either Silverton or Winter Park? Did you do any DS riding in the area?

Or, if you know of a ride rpt, post a link. Thanks!

I could use the same information.
I'll be up there Ag. 31 - Sept. 4. I'm looking for good dirt roads around Gunnison/ Ouray/ Durango/ Glenwood Springs.
There are some pretty good roads just East of Grand Junction, but I probably won't make it that far West this time.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for suggestions.

Paul

Just search around this site. Our very own Tourmeister has lots of pics and stories of DS riding in CO....

You can wear out a new set of knobs just riding all the great trails around Ouray, Silverton and Durango. Much of it depends on how technical you want to go. Dang near anything with dirt is going to have some challenging stuff somewhere along the route. Some get rough enough to turn back just about anyone. Get a copy of the book "guide to colorado backroads and 4-wheel-trails.' It has guidelines about the difficulty of each trail. BUT...weather gets a vote and can have a really big effect on those trails making the book's ratings pretty much irrelevant.

It's a good idea to have some company along if you get out of sight from the pavement. :deal:

I am thinking of a trip to CO...(not sure when). I have heard a lot about Silverton. I may go there. I've seen vids on YouTube of some of the local DS riding....

But I have access to a free condo in Winter Park. I stayed in Winter Park a few years ago and I did some mountain biking; but I did not have a mc with me.

I've heard nothing but awesome things about riding in and around the Silverton area. But winter Park has that one feature that we all love so much: free place to stay. ;-)

Has anyone stayed at either Silverton or Winter Park? Did you do any DS riding in the area?

Or, if you know of a ride rpt, post a link. Thanks!

I've been there many times and have a good map. And pictures. I can show you, if you are interested.

Back