• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ET200.. last minute

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry once again for the short notice, but a new friend and I are planning to do the ol' ET200 this Thursday, 6th. We'll be parking in the south parking lot of the Kountz, First Baptist church. The parking lot is on S. Hickory St. (30.367960, -94.313147). Kick stands up at 0900 if anyone wants to join us.

Wouldn't ya flerken know it. Wife's gonnna be heading out of town in my vehicle late this week.

Roads are dry
Sand is loose
Bring your best goggles
It will be Dusty

Good ride today. It was dry and the sand was pretty loose/deep in certain sections, but we both enjoy that and had fun flying through it. Bill's a good rider, and we made great time getting to Colmesneil for lunch at the Bulldog Country Cafe. I've been meaning to try the place, and was glad I did; food was good and the sweet tea was perfect. Becky, the owner, came by to introduce herself and let us know the proper pronounciation of Colmesneil is "Colm-neil" (the "es" is silent)... so now we know. She also offered us complimentary bread pudding, and who could say no to that?! After eating too much though, we decided not to complete the ride, but just slab it back to Kountze and head home. Both of us were a bit tired, but even more, stuffed! Hopefully they'll get some rain up there soon though to keep the dust down and make that sand more tacky. I didn't take many pics, but here's the few I did:

PXL_20221006_143300965.MP.jpg

PXL_20221006_180331841.jpg

PXL_20221006_173918196.jpg

PXL_20221006_180340439.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to pack my boots :doh:
PXL_20221006_173602710.jpg

Need to get you a DS and come ride.

Need to get you a DS and come ride.
I should have last bike purchase. I do pretty good around here on the 850, just slow. I won't be purchasing a bike for a long time.

Oh yeah, that 850 will go alot of places, and speed is never a requirement. I'm definitely on my last bikes as well,... :uhoh:

Back