• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finally got to take a longer ride!

RTL

Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Landry
I have just not had time for a ride longer than a few hour loop from the house. But when my riding buddies asked if they could ride up from Lafayette and spend the night then onward to Arkansas I said **** yeah and I might join you, for a way. They arrived on Friday afternoon. Wife and I stuffed them with pulled pork and ribs. Next morning we left from my home just south of Shreveport and tried to take as scenic a route as possible to Mena. Stopped in Nashville for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Roads got more entertaining the closer we got to Mena. I got to really test the handling of my new bike.
We arrived at the mountain top lodge around 5 pm. I only had the weekend to ride so Sunday morning we departed the lodge and rode west on the scenic highway that follows the mountain ridge. It ends just inside Oklahoma at which point I had to turn south and head for home while my friends headed north for more adventure. I assured them when I am retired in 5 months I will be doing the entire ride. But two 6-7 hour days of riding will have to do for the time being.

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

Back