• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First ride

Reaction score
First ride since my crash in Arkansas on July 7. I rode 120 miles on the Duke yesterday, pretty painful.

What crash you say?
I met two friends Thursday, July 6, in Eureka Springs. Friday we took off, rode all morning, had lunch and then about 2:30 I missed a curve on Hwy 74 near Jasper. I'll admit it, no real reason other than inattention. We weren't shredding, more like 70-75%. I just went over the white line on the shoulder into the gravel. Tried to ride it out, didn't work out too well. Next thing I remember I was on my hands and knees in the weeds, moaning and hurting.

Always wear a helmet!
1695575950105-L.jpg

Especially when you decide to hit a sign.
1695575980080-L.jpg

Burst fracture T7, hairline crack T5, seven fractured ribs, and bruised lungs. I was transported to Harrison, then a trauma center in Springfield MO. Released on Tuesday, July 11. Huge thanks to Rod for coming after me. And to Mark(gravel guy) for all his help and support. It's good to know good people!

Oh yeah, yesterday's ride. Wasn't bad starting. we stopped several times, that helped. When I got home I took an anti-inflammatory (prescribed) and felt better. Best of all, no unusual pain this morning. Still going to be a process, but I will be back.

I will not tip toe my way to a certain death either. So glad you are back on the horse! The pain gets better, just slower than it should.

Sorry to hear! Happy you are healing. 120 mi is a lot for a first ride.

I think my first ride after fracturing my pelvis was maybe 45 mi of smooth pavement. If you were following Rod, you were in for a long ride over bumpy stuff!

Back