• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Free VTR1000 Track Bike Update

Reaction score
I was able to get the Super Chicken running with minimal effort, the first thing I did was bypass the ignition. A cycle gear kill switch was what I had available, although I’m not happy with the quality AT ALL it will do for now. I soldered it in and mounted it under the front cowl. I installed a spare battery I had, connected the petcock and filled it up with fuel… it started right up!

The next step is going to be sorting the tank, the petcock is installed and the only other things needed are a gasket for the fuel level and a new keyless fuel cap, both of which have been ordered.

The key is broken so I may get that fixed at some point in the future but since I plan on keeping it a track bike there is no need.

Once the tank is sorted the priority will be figuring out the state of the front fork… I am considering a front end swap but the easiest solution is probably getting a new stock fork tube and replacing the internals. I suppose that depends on what is bent and how bad is, but I don’t think that will be much of a challenge!

IMG_9040.png

IMG_8972.jpeg

IMG_9038.png

Back