• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GPX bikes

The little mini bikes on their site look exactly like all the ones we usually find on the trails with crying children next them after something randomly has broken on them. Some reviews of their bigger bikes talk about aluminum spokes vs steel, and problem with metals used on the bikes being maybe not the best choice.

(While I type all this, I will say that I do not have any first hand experience with them. I will probably continue in that direction for the foreseeable future too.)

Good info, just curious. Goes without saying I guess at half the price you get what you pay for.

Very little I trust about TT, rarely visit there.

The only dealership I see in Texas is in Amarillo. That would rule them out for me.

What about KAYO? They have a couple of local reputable dealers. And great pricing. $4695-new.

968DB9EF-CD9A-47C8-9FB7-DDF96C30A41D.jpeg

I ride a lot and pretty hard, might not be a great choice for folks like me. But the once a month weekend warrior, maybe. You can get this a lot cheaper than a 4 year old KTM with 100- 200 hours.

And BMW and KTM have out sourced some their bikes to India. Good chance some of the smaller bikes from the Japanese makers are from somewhere else. Interesting anyway.Hard for me to think some of these dealers are willing to risk carrying them if not a little acceptable.

Last edited:
I ride a lot and pretty hard, might not be a great choice for folks like me. But the once a month weekend warrior, maybe. You can get this a lot cheaper than a 4 year old KTM with 100- 200 hours.

And BMW and KTM have pout sourced some their bikes to India. Good chance some of the smaller bikes from the Japanese makers are from somewhere else. Interesting anyway.Hard for me to think some of these dealers are willing to risk carrying them if not a little acceptable.

I know Honda is making a lot of their smaller bikes in Thailand. Can't speak for the others.

Yep. Seems good bikes come out of Thailand.

Good bikes come out of companies who make good bikes. It has nothing to do with where they make them or the nationality of the people who make them.

Yamaha makes scooters in Taiwan, those are good bikes. KTM makes bikes in India, those are probably good bikes. Honda makes bikes in China, those are likely good bikes too.

It's really hard to not see all of this anti-Asia bias as anything short of xenophobia. My sincere hope is that it's simply benign ignorance.

Good bikes come out of companies who make good bikes. It has nothing to do with where they make them or the nationality of the people who make them.

Yamaha makes scooters in Taiwan, those are good bikes. KTM makes bikes in India, those are probably good bikes. Honda makes bikes in China, those are likely good bikes too.

It's really hard to not see all of this anti-Asia bias as anything short of xenophobia. My sincere hope is that it's simply benign ignorance.

The majority of what I see is anti CCP.

The majority of what I see is anti CCP.

Yeah, but "I don't like your government policies" is not the same thing as "the stuff your people manufacture is poor quality".

I can at least understand the argument that you might not want your money to be spent in support of the Chinese government, but I can easily point out the logical fallacy in that argument. But I don't get the "it's Chinese, it must be garbage" mentality. You have to have your head in the sand to believe that.

Yeah, but "I don't like your government policies" is not the same thing as "the stuff your people manufacture is poor quality".

I can at least understand the argument that you might not want your money to be spent in support of the Chinese government, but I can easily point out the logical fallacy in that argument. But I don't get the "it's Chinese, it must be garbage" mentality. You have to have your head in the sand to believe that.
Reputations are earned, otherwise there would be no reputations. china has earned its reputation for producing items of suspect quality. Period!

I can at least understand the argument that you might not want your money to be spent in support of the Chinese government, but I can easily point out the logical fallacy in that argument.
Go ahead mr72, point it out.

Go ahead mr72, point it out.

Umm... how does starving the people in China create change in government? And how would creation of massive price inflation of all manufactured goods in the USA help us to defeat Communism in China?

How about this: globally and historically, the single biggest factor, and maybe the solitary important factor, in creating totalitarian governments which oppress the people, is poverty. You don't fight totalitarianism by increasing poverty in the target nation.

Or, more easy to understand: when you buy something from a company that manufactured it in China, you are not paying the Chinese government for that thing. The government didn't make it. The government may control some of the means of production in China and certainly may skim more than they should from any profits, but there are human beings who made those things who get to eat and have a home to live in because someone buys those things. That is who you are punishing with your boycott.

It's not that I don't understand your spin on China, although I'm unsure if you're espousing one world order or perhaps a killing them with kindness philosophy. I don't want to support the Chinese government, who oppress their own people despite their technologic and economic gains, to the detriment of the United States and our allies. I realy don't mind paying more for products made in USA to support our trades and manufacturing base.

It's not that I don't understand your spin on China,

Clearly you don't understand, if you think it's my "spin" on China.

I don't want to support the Chinese government, who oppress their own people despite their technologic and economic gains, to the detriment of the United States and our allies.

Right, which is what you don't understand. Either that, or you just hate the Chinese government so bad that you don't mind making the Chinese people's lives worse if it has any chance of punishing the gov't.

I realy don't mind paying more for products made in USA to support our trades and manufacturing base.

If your protest had any effect, or if there were enough people who really did what you suggest to have an effect, then we are talking about complete and total economic devastation of the USA and every other country who participates in the world economy. Not paying a little bit more, but literally the lack of availability of 90% of the goods we currently need, and due to supply and demand, an increase in price so much that only the truly rich and elite would be able to afford the most basic things. Plus we would be forced to receive over a billion refugees from China after we had obliterated their economy. You can't just eliminate the world's supply of manufactured goods from the market and with it remove the only way to earn a living of any kind for over a billion people. The actual effect of what you think you want would be a collapse of the world economy. It's not just impractical, it's unconscionable.

Fortunately for you, this is an act of virtue signaling made possible only because of its absolute impossibility of having any meaningful effect. As long as everyone else keeps buying Chinese stuff, you can remain self righteous in your one-man protest.

Of course, I don't believe you are participating in this kind of protest anyway, because if you were, you would not be able to post on any internet forum. You'd refuse to use someone else's computer, because that apparently supports the Chinese government.

Back