• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I Sept 30th & Oct 1st 2023 @ 8a Fleming's Sat / Rosa's Café Sun then Twin Buttes OHV Area riding

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I Sept 30th & Oct 1st 2023 @ 8a Fleming's Sat / Rosa's Café Sun Sun I San Angelo then on to the Twin Buttes OHV Area riding
1695074095236.png

Just as the other Hard Dual Sport Breakfast Series rides, this a no host, no entry fee, no tracks, self-guided ride.

Just a loose get-together for the hard dual sport community to get out and ride, enjoy camaraderie, exploration, growth, and being safe; in addition to developing and renewing friendships so no one rides alone.

"Share the Joy of Motorcycling".
Eat
Breakfast
Saturday morning 8a - Fleming's Family Diner at Stadium Lanes, prior to riding at Twin Buttes for the day.
Sunday morning 8a - Rosa's Café & Tortilla Factory, prior to riding at Twin Buttes for the day.

Dinner
Friday night 630p - Miss Hattie's Restaurant & Cathouse Lounge
Saturday night 630p - Old Central Firehouse Pizzeria and Taproom

Sleep
Motel
I’m staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott San Angelo both Friday and Saturday night.
There are many other lodging options in the area as well.

Even though the motel is less than 7 miles from the main OHV parking area I’ll probably trailer out to the riding area Saturday and leave my bike there overnight if anyone is camping.

Camping
Last time a group RV camped onsite in the OHV parking area, no hook ups.
I also saw campers at the next parking area south of the OHV parking area, public Primitive camping is limited to shore areas immediately adjacent to designated roads.
Or at the Middle Concho Park below the dam on the river.
There is also a private RV park next to the riding area.

Riding - I plan to ride both Saturday & Sunday.
Link to directions to the Twin Buttes OHV Staging Area.
1695074430794.png

Like the other rides we'll try to group up based pace, difficulty, etc.

Twin Buttes OHV Area
(ATVs, Motorcycles, and ROVs)
Near San Angelo/Tom Green County
Twin Buttes Marina Park Road
San Angelo, TX 76904
325-656-2608
325-657-4450
1695074129101.png

https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/texas_14476/ride_a421.htm

Legal
You will need an annual Texas OHV decal ($16/year) to ride at the Twin Buttes OHV Area, they are available for purchase online or at retail locations including Family Powersports San Angelo.

1695073999696.png

And a Limited Public Use permit or an Annual Public Hunting permit:
To fish, hike, ride, camp, or picnic in this area, persons 17 years and older will need a Limited Public Use permit ($12/year) or the Annual Public Hunting permit ($48/year, which also includes hunting). Either permit is available for purchase online.

There are no other fees to ride at Twin Buttes OHV area.

Last time @ Twin Buttes.

The previous time.

Last edited:
I just booked my room at the Days Inn on Booking.com at a rate of $50 per night including tax. A smoking deal.

D’oh! Maybe I can go twice. I’m already planning to be there Oct 10-11

Wife’s birthday is 9/30. We’ll be doing something fun for her which doesn’t involve waiting for me to be done riding my motorcycle. Y’all have fun!

I might be able to swing it if I can resolve a client commitment on Saturday…..

Back