• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

High is too high, low is too low - heated grip troubles

Reaction score
2009 BMW K1300GT OEM grips, is there a way to adjust the 2 temperature settings?

I'm nearly an idgit with electrical issues so if you're going to explain how, please keep it simple or I'll be forced to ask idgit questions. :uhoh:

Not that I am aware of. It would have been nice if they had put in a variable controller instead of just high and low. I often have the same issues with my 1200 GS. On the newer bikes with the CanBus system, I am not sure you could install a variable controller without causing warning indicators to come on telling you something was wrong :shrug:

Curious problem. The heaters on the K12 are about right. Although I do have Grip Puppies added and wear thick gloves in the cold weather. Low is still warm with regular leather gloves.
Maybe take measurements with a non-contact thermometer and post them to a K13 group to compare to other bikes.

You'd think something as expensive as a BMW with heated grips would offer a variable option. I've just got some Oxford heated grips I paid about 100 for at MotoLiberty in Dallas. They come with 5 settings, but you have to wire them yourself (you can go straight to the battery for power if needed since they have an auto shut off feature). The settings are: low, med-low, medium, med-high and high. I think its like 25% for low, then 50% for medium, 75% for med-high and 100% for high. I can't remember what med-low would be in power percentage. Something like 35%. I could always just go look at my bike in the garage, but I'd have to get up to do that.

Cheaper on Amazon if you look around, but here's a Revzilla link for reference.

You'd think something as expensive as a BMW with heated grips would offer a variable option. I've just got some Oxford heated grips I paid about 100 for at MotoLiberty in Dallas. They come with 5 settings, but you have to wire them yourself (you can go straight to the battery for power if needed since they have an auto shut off feature). The settings are: low, med-low, medium, med-high and high. I think its like 25% for low, then 50% for medium, 75% for med-high and 100% for high. I can't remember what med-low would be in power percentage. Something like 35%. I could always just go look at my bike in the garage, but I'd have to get up to do that.

Cheaper on Amazon if you look around, but here's a Revzilla link for reference.

I have these as well. They work great.

Back