• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I find this amusing

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
"After some research and a quick love affair with a 2021 Beta 500rrs (waaay to much bike for me) I settled on buying a 2018 KTM 350 xcf (and not a emission corked excf)"

Ona Facebook page I'm a moderator on this was posted. A 500 dual sport bike is too much but an uncorked 350 racebike isn't??!! The 350 XCF is an offroad and very capable race bike. Oh well, at least he's happy now

That is funny. Actually the KTM has more hp and is probably higher rev'ing and lighter weight as well.

Don't complicate the humor! Just find it funny he goes from a 500 trail bike to 350 race bike because the 500 is too much for him. Maybe his wife believed that reasoning.

I found the Beta 480/500 to be a handful in the woods while the 390 was a treat. There's very little weight difference between the two, but I felt like I was constantly fighting the power of the 480/500. It's not just peak power output that matters, but also how it feels at low RPM when you're doing tight trails.

I found the Beta 480/500 to be a handful in the woods while the 390 was a treat. There's very little weight difference between the two, but I felt like I was constantly fighting the power of the 480/500. It's not just peak power output that matters, but also how it feels at low RPM when you're doing tight trails.
Understand, ever rode the 350? Beta is a pussycat. And unless a skilled rider, the 350 us a flame out champ.

Back in my trial an error days, I decided to replace my '91 CR500 for an '04 200SX to get into STORM racing. I found out 1st hand that the 200sx was far more out of control than the CR500. So instead of 2-3 seconds of insane bandwidth, the 200 narrowed same insanity down to 1 seconds, not enough time to make throttle corrections. Plus, the ktms back then just never could get the WP PDS and frame geometry to work properly whereas the Honda had decades to polish theirs off with precision and reliability.

Just last yr, I bought a Berg 570 to coexist alongside my Berg 390.
WHen I took the 570 out to ride HF & Emma, I was amazed that the 570 was easier to ride than my 390.
The torque did all the work. didnt even have to shift out of gear.
Did alot of soul searching, but the 570 won, & sold the 390 back in July.

Yea, it was hard to find one ...I spent a yr looking for the 2011 570, last yr production run.
I gave up trying to find a 2011, went to TJ's to look at what he had. Sure enough, TJ had a slew of new 500 EXC & XCW, and a Husky 501 w/ nobody's name on it. Was about to hook up my trailer to go get me a fresh 500 xcw, and then i see a 2011 570 f/s....and , get this....seller lives 10 miles from my house~! Can u believe that? Anyhow, one short test ride around the block, and i bought it right there on the spot.

and, like clockwork....right after i bought mine, a low hrs, low mileage 2011 570 pops up f/s somewhere out in AZ.

I've half seriously looked for Husaberq 250/300, just don't come up.

I am sure Dao will do fine with the 570. He has skills and won't be picking it up much. That is the only issue I had with a friends 570, it resists being disturbed from an impromptu nap. Otherwise a fine bike and excellent D/S choice.

Back