• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO Tenere 700

I recently rode an adventure bike with a quick shifter. I normally load my shifter a little bit before either fanning the clutch or a quick down blip of the throttle. Either action usually results in a quick shift. Loading the shifter with a quick shift results in a premature shift. I hated it. Road racer yes, dual sport, no for me. I do agree with the OP about used prices on some bikes being so close to new prices that I'll buy new with a warranty or wait. I think a shortage of some models created that problem.
Glad someone agrees with me on the very small price delta between new and used. According to some of these folks, I’m just an idiot lol. I’ve only owned ~20 bikes, so what do I know huh?

It's more the availability in out of the way places than the cost. It's an adventure bike after all.
True enough, but I'm not afraid of putting a little 89 or 87 in there if push comes to shove. It's an adventure, after all ;)
Glad someone agrees with me on the very small price delta between new and used. According to some of these folks, I’m just an idiot lol. I’ve only owned ~20 bikes, so what do I know huh?
I don't think anyone disagreed about small price diff. The disagreement was, I think, about posting an 'ISO' in 'For Sale/Wanted' - having one instantly available, then second guessing. You are totally entitled to do that, but others are just as entitled to have an opinion about that. And we're ALL entitled to ignore anyone for any reason. So, let's move on.. back to my threadjacking!

The value to me of the "up" quick shifter is small compared to the down: mainly, it's just fun the hold the throttle wide open and pop pop pop thru the gears. I was just never great at blipping and rev-matching, so on a track my clutchless downs were pretty messy and took a lot of thought - when I wanted to be thinking about other parts of my track learning curve. And I wouldn't even try 'em on the XRL after a couple very awkward attempts. That's totally solved on a good QS. Mid-corner downshifts are no problem for me now. Is it mandatory on an ADV: of course not. But is it fun and useful? To me, of course yes. And the added bonus of QS on ADV is much easier gear changes while standing.

Back