• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

James River

Looks like you guys were having fun. :rider:

Thanks. We surely did! Want to try it again through the deep end and see how far we can go through without dropping the bike

Rumor has it if you go left (the direction you were going) just off the actual road it is a lot less slippery.
1702306599874.png

I can't believe how low the water is there! That looks like a totally different crossing! Man, it's been a long time since I've been thru there...

I can't believe how low the water is there! That looks like a totally different crossing! Man, it's been a long time since I've been thru there...
We were about 20 yards to the side of the road so you are not seeing the actual road.

That's a slippery son of a gun that'll catch just about anybody who rides it enough. The worst I've seen by large measure was a small creek up in the Ozarks. Wet soapstone maybe? I don't know but it was like riding/ standing on a layer of marbles. Crazy thing is, it had nothing to do with algea. Back in the woods totally covered from sunlight. Clean solid material but natures own greased Teflon.

Looks like the Llano River crossing just by Dos Rios Campground. As a "outsider", I did not know about
how slippery those crossings are; Sure enough I went down and could hardly walk across. Bumped into
someone who told be to cross downstream; Not sure if it was safer as I stayed far away from that crossing !

Back