• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLX 250s Taillight and plate mod

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Last Name
Pylant
Just got an Acerbis Dual Sport Taillight mod with license plate holder to replace OEM - which i believe is now being worn by some bush along a backland Wyoming trail. I thought it would be a piece of cake mounting it on the KLX, but once i removed the existing taillight, it wasn't as intuitive as i had pictured. Has anyone done this on a 2006/07 or similar designed fender? Thanks!

It's not exactly what you asked for, but there are a few pics of what I did on the 2007 I had.

Thanks for the feedback and pics. RollingJ, nice work. I am needing the license plate light and all that goes with street legal so i can get to dirt without any donations to the local force. Though I don't intend to be on asphalt much, it's a necessary thing if i attempt to ride with my mysterious nephew, KsTeveM.

T-Cat, I think i have the electrical figured (we will see), but the large recess under the OEM light is a problem. Maybe if i ignore it, it will go away?

I use this little license plate light when I am doing incognito work......not sure if that helps simplify anything on your rig. Its so cheap I figured it would crap out, but the same one has been on my 500 for like 13000 miles. Good luck following your nephew.

1706278835472.png

Found a couple links.....

I use this little license plate light when I am doing incognito work......not sure if that helps simplify anything on your rig. Its so cheap I figured it would crap out, but the same one has been on my 500 for like 13000 miles. Good luck following your nephew.

View attachment 372830
Hmm, gonna look into that little light - thanks!

Found a couple links.....

Thanks, KsTeveM. Trying to figure out what plastic i can get my hands on to cover the hole and start with that.

P.S. Went to sleep last night and today, the hole is still there. Oh well...

Cheap cutting board? If it is going to be mostly under the light and not so much structural….could be a cut out from a gallon jug of antifreeze or oil? Cheap trash can? Plant pot bottom? Just thinking of stuff you might have laying around. Also Lowe’s sells Lexan and ABS plastic sheets, I think in some smaller pieces as well. I have some scrap aluminum if that is needed.

Hadnt thought of cutting board! In the name of mods, sacrifices must be made, but not RubberMaid. So Sterilite stepped up. Cut to fit the base rubber then cut smaller. It worked pretty well, but the luggage rack is jacked beyond my skill, so rack replacement is on the list now.

Attachments

• sterilite.jpg
    sterilite.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 22
  • final cut.jpg
    final cut.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 22
  • bolting light under plate.jpg
    bolting light under plate.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 22
  • wire hole.jpg
    wire hole.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 23
  • light and rack.jpg
    light and rack.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 23
Nice work! Rack….not sure how jacked is jacked, might could be augmented. But I’m sure there is also some nice cheap racks out there as well. Most KLX owners don’t use a rack much as far as needing something high end, most of their needs fit in a fanny pack.

Nice work! Rack….not sure how jacked is jacked, might could be augmented. But I’m sure there is also some nice cheap racks out there as well. Most KLX owners don’t use a rack much as far as needing something high end, most of their needs fit in a fanny pack.
I will think on that as my dainty bike and fanny pack rips past you and my dust settles on your cc's and saddlebags... :lol2:

A KLX and a Super Enduro walk into a bar….wait never mind, the KLX is still in the garage on a bike stand…..while the Super Enduro is unsettling the dust with his 950 CCs and saddlebags 😂. Gorgeous day out and about yesterday, look forward to the green machine and his owner seeing the light!

1707065140060.jpeg

Gotta say this is exciting stuff. ConejoDon has consumed the Kool Aide! Now that is big news!!!!
Please invite me to go on the 1st KsTeveM and ConejoDon meandering ride....please please?
It will be epic!!!! I'll buy the drinks for the day's recap session.

There seems to be some bike shuffling lately all centered around one man. Use extreme caution when interacting with this character You may soon part with or acquire motorcycles unexpectedly. You have been warned!

1707158351013.png

Please invite me to go on the 1st KsTeveM and ConejoDon meandering ride....please please?
I need to work on some smaller mileage days to break ol Conejo Viejo in....can't expect to take a multi decade hiatus and then get back on a bike and log 200 plus mile days like some of us are use to. And he has to sort out his fanny packing skills still.

1707164976186.png

No problemo, I'm up for witnessing a small mileage breakin day.
I predict post 2nd ride, 'Hey SteveO I think I need a little bigger pony. What do you think I should get?".

Gotta say this is exciting stuff. ConejoDon has consumed the Kool Aide! Now that is big news!!!!
It will be epic!!!! I'll buy the drinks for the day's recap session.
You bet. He could use some help picking up the pieces. Drinks and bandaids on you then!

Back