• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking For Riding Buddies :)

Reaction score
First Name
Molly
Good morning all! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here so I’m going to reintroduce myself. I’m still what most would consider new to the world of bikes. I have a 2023 KLX 300 that I purchased a little over a year ago. I can’t say my skill set is super high up there yet, but I’m working on it. I enjoy going on scenic rides on roads less traveled. My reason for this post is as the title suggests and I’m looking for people to ride with! It would be awesome if I could find other dual sport riders to go with, but I’m by no means judgy or picky when it comes to what you ride. :) I not looking for big group rides quite yet. I have a bike rack for my truck so if even if you’re a bit farther away I’d be willing to drive to you. I’m located near Woodville. If anyone’s interested feel free to reply to this post or send me a message! Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_7665.jpeg
    IMG_7665.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7672.jpeg
    IMG_7672.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 180
Good choice of a bike and you're in a great area for exploring. I'm in Huntsville, don't get that far over very often.

Good choice of a bike and you're in a great area for exploring. I'm in Huntsville, don't get that far over very often.
If you’re ever in the area lemme know! Also, if you’re in Huntsville do you ever ride in the Sam Houston national forest?

Hey, Molly, when are you available to ride?

If you’re ever in the area lemme know! Also, if you’re in Huntsville do you ever ride in the Sam Houston national forest?
SHNF, you talking the actual trails or forest service road? I ride both regularly, that said trails are currently closed for repairs.

SHNF, you talking the actual trails or forest service road? I ride both regularly, that said trails are currently closed for repairs.
Either or! I mostly go to Angelina/Sabine bc it’s closer, but I’ve heard good things about the Sam

You've got a LOT of dirt roads all over East Texas, and there are GPS files archived here on this forum. Check them out and give a shout when you are available to go.

Howdy, I live in Huntsville. I’m not very familiar with the back roads in your area but I’d love to show you around the ones near here if you’re interested. I ride a KTM 390 adventure, and I’m not super experienced either but we’re getting there 😜

Good morning all! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here so I’m going to reintroduce myself. I’m still what most would consider new to the world of bikes. I have a 2023 KLX 300 that I purchased a little over a year ago. I can’t say my skill set is super high up there yet, but I’m working on it. I enjoy going on scenic rides on roads less traveled. My reason for this post is as the title suggests and I’m looking for people to ride with! It would be awesome if I could find other dual sport riders to go with, but I’m by no means judgy or picky when it comes to what you ride. :) I not looking for big group rides quite yet. I have a bike rack for my truck so if even if you’re a bit farther away I’d be willing to drive to you. I’m located near Woodville. If anyone’s interested feel free to reply to this post or send me a message! Thanks and enjoy the weekend!
Tons of awesome roads to ride out of Woodville. Great area to out your kickstand up from.

Hey Molly, check out this group on Facebook. They ride all the time up in your area.
Yup I mod in that group, and lead a bunch of rides. There’s great stuff over here once we get north of Kountz we can go just about anywhere across the state and beyond on dirt.

Dfw area

Training: DART south of Oklahoma City. I think it is $550 for 2 days plus travel and hotel.

Road: You have so many dirt roads in your area that you will be envied. Crocket National Forest is also great. If you can ride in that sand, you will be an advanced rider. You just need some bigger hills.

Friends: Don't let Sarah Friday fool you, she has some great trips under her belt. Chat with her.

Rallies: Follow TWT. We have a group going to the GOAT in early May. SpiritAtBay's Thread '2024 Hill Country 500' is a real winner, but pick the route you feel comfortable on. Have fun.

Ask questions, but trust yourself. We were all new riders without a clue at one time.

Training: DART south of Oklahoma City. I think it is $550 for 2 days plus travel and hotel.

Road: You have so many dirt roads in your area that you will be envied. Crocket National Forest is also great. If you can ride in that sand, you will be an advanced rider. You just need some bigger hills.

Friends: Don't let Sarah Friday fool you, she has some great trips under her belt. Chat with her.

Rallies: Follow TWT. We have a group going to the GOAT in early May. SpiritAtBay's Thread '2024 Hill Country 500' is a real winner, but pick the route you feel comfortable on. Have fun.

Ask questions, but trust yourself. We were all new riders without a clue at one time.
I cannot find any thread on 2024 GOAT trip on here. Can you share the link to the TWT thread? Thanks.

Thanks. I thought your original statement was saying you had a group from TWT attending and that there was a thread on here.

Back