• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy Found!! Looking to purchase a KLR 650 Rear Shock

KoryJ

Reaction score
I have a 2008 KLR 650 and have rebuilt the rear shock a couple times and can’t seem to get it to hold pressure. I get it charged and it work great. But loses the pressure quickly. I’ve kept it submerged lookin for a leak and everything and can’t find where I’m losing the nitrogen pressure. Is there anyone out there who has replaced there’s and have a stock one laying around or a bike they’re parting out. I’m not begging for anything free just hoping someone out there in TWTville has one they would like to sell that I can afford without making the wifey to mad spending a grand I don’t need to right now. 😂😂

Last edited:
I have a 2008 KLR 650 and have rebuilt the rear shock a couple times and can’t seem to get it to hold pressure. I get it charged and it work great. But loses the pressure quickly. I’ve kept it submerged lookin for a leak and everything and can’t find where I’m losing the nitrogen pressure. Is there anyone out there who has replaced there’s and have a stock one laying around or a bike they’re parting out. I’ve had a rough go this year so far. Just had a 3rd surgery on my knee and off work for what will end up being 4 months or more. Due to what was originally an ACL replacement surgery. So that has made me a bit short on cash so I can’t really afford to buy a new one right now there so stinking expensive. But would also sure like to get my bike back together to give me some hope and a goal to shoot for getting back in the saddle. I’m not begging for anything free just hoping someone out there in TWTville has one they would like to sell that I can afford without making the wifey to mad spending a grand I don’t need to right now. 😂😂
I replaced a shock long ago, I recall some difference at the lower attachment point. as you can see by the image the bottom bracket is 30mm and the bracket is a thinner material by a few mm . I just can't remember what year the bike was. I cannot find a Kawi part number so... it has sat in the shop for years has the original grime and dust, I don't detect any oil leakage.

Attachments

• shock.jpeg
    shock.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 16
I have one. It was on my 08 for about 3k miles before I replaced it. There is nothing wrong with it, just to light for my weight. How does 125.00 plus frieght sound.

Back