• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy Metric cruisers

Reaction score
*Edit: VStar 650 Custom purchased for him last weekend (And Roadstar 1700 for me. :) )*
Looking for first bike for son. 500-750cc.
Also looking for another for myself. Liter plus.
Partial to Honda / Yamaha but open.
Cruisers.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a really nice Valkyrie I'd consider selling. It's in great shape with 40,000 miles. Hondaline windshield and bags. $5000. It's one of my two Valkyries is the ONLY reason I'd consider letting one go. The other one has WAY more miles (203,000) The one I'm mentioning to you is a 2001. If you want any further info, text me at 8zero6 six six 2 nine 1 four four
I also have two ST1300s, an R80RT BMW AirHead, a Yamaha TW200, and a 2022 Honda Trail 125, so I won't be without a ride.
It is not listed for sale anywhere except in this post to you.

A friend of mine has been ill and hasn't ridden for a couple years.
2007 Honda Hornet 919. About 8K miles. Not a true cruiser, more like a sport cruiser.
Price will be right.
Let me know if interested.

A little smaller than what you're looking for, but my son's 2003 Rebel 250 will be needing a new home pretty soon. It'll go fairly cheap.

Yeah the 919's not what we're after and he's not interested in a 250 but I appreciate it. He's a bit lanky for 250s. My wife's first bike many moons ago was a 450 Rebel. Surprisingly capable machine.

Done. Roadstar 1700 Silverado for me and VStar 650 Custom for Mini-me. Couldn't pass up either.
Think I'll keep looking for a F6B.

I may know where a 1800 VTX could be available any interest and I’ll check on it . Northwest of Houston

partial to the VTX. a little bigger than what your talking about but they are great bikes and the 1300 can be found on the used market at a very reasonable price. 1300 or 1800 great buys for the money.

the shadow is a great beginner bike as well. Bullet proof and big enough to keep up with the pack.. Should find one at a good price and should be able to recoup most of your money when ready to move up. JMO.

the shadow is a great beginner bike as well. Bullet proof and big enough to keep up with the pack.. Should find one at a good price and should be able to recoup most of your money when ready to move up. JMO.

I can attest, my dad's Shadow 750 is plenty fast enough to keep up with anyone doing normal riding on normal TX roads. I don't get this 'beginner bike' thing. What, only beginners go <90mph all the time and don't need to accelerate 0-60 in less than 5 seconds? I guess I'm a forever beginner then. My dad rode this bike all over CenTX with me on my Triumph or my Suzuki right up until he got his Bonneville last year. If you want a simple, reliable cruiser on the cheap, it's going to be hard to beat a Shadow 750 IMHO.

I can attest, my dad's Shadow 750 is plenty fast enough to keep up with anyone doing normal riding on normal TX roads. I don't get this 'beginner bike' thing. What, only beginners go <90mph all the time and don't need to accelerate 0-60 in less than 5 seconds? I guess I'm a forever beginner then. My dad rode this bike all over CenTX with me on my Triumph or my Suzuki right up until he got his Bonneville last year. If you want a simple, reliable cruiser on the cheap, it's going to be hard to beat a Shadow 750 IMHO.
"Beginner bike" to me simply means something easy to flat foot for the intended rider and well balanced/easy to control. Displacement has little to do with it. After I bought mine, a 6'4" buddy's "beginner/first" bike was a Valkyrie Interstate. He never had an issue.

A friend of mine has been ill and hasn't ridden for a couple years.
2007 Honda Hornet 919. About 8K miles. Not a true cruiser, more like a sport cruiser.
Price will be right.
Let me know if interested.
Great fun bike, but absolutely not the bike for a new street rider.

Back