• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CF Moto 700CL-X w/ mods

My office for 12 days.
IMG_20240301_084822807_HDR.jpg

A lil wrist twistin in Western Coryell Co today... with a stop at Ghosts place on the way bac home

Beehouse & a creek on CR154 near there

The CLX ran great & is some real fun on those lil paved goatpaths. It does 80 easily on the superslabs without any protest so linking some of those goatpaths together is not a problem.
Ive dialed up the rear shock preload & adjusted the forks damping a bit softer on compression so the bad pavement is a lil smoother. Its no dual sport or full on ADV with 7-9" of suspension travel....but it is close to the 6.5" of a Strom 650/1000....mabe about 6" I think.
The Pirelli MT60 tires are a good choice by CFM for this bike. Theyre not known for longevity tho.
I'll need ta replace them in the near future. Not sure what tire Im gonna try next as those MT60s are pretty pricy. Brakes are fine...jus rite for this bike...even with only 1 frt disc.

The smoked Honda NC700S shield I added is a bit of relief at highway speeds & not too big. I do needta work on the mounting since the shield bolts/screws have loosened twice now. Still havnt worked on the peg lowering plates any more yet.

Odometer shows 1472 miles as of 3-2-24. Thats only about 400 more since Nov 2023...but I wasnt able to ride for almost 3 months. Lookin fwd to usin up those Pirellis over the next 3-4 months before the Texas toaster is turned on.

Attachments

• 20240302_141534.jpg
    20240302_141534.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240302_142123.jpg
    20240302_142123.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240302_155037.jpg
    20240302_155037.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Jus now postin this.....
I changed the oil & filter at 600mi as the manual specified. Since I wasnt gonna use a factory filter... i cross referenced to a HiFlo HF177 which is used on Buells....not very available in cycle shops. I also cross referenced to a Wix 57145 which is VERY available at auto parts stores.
The Wix # sounded familiar...as it should....
Toyota 2.4L in Camrys Scions & Lexus.
OEM # 90915-yzzf1.....under $10 online...less than the Wix by $2-3
Im using Mobil 1 10w40 synthetic rite now but next change will be Castrol Power 1 10w40 since there was such a deal on it ($6.33qt)

Note: the HiFlo HF303 as used on Kawasaki Versys DOES NOT FIT. ask me how I kno

Last edited:
Hope you're feeling better and that you been able to get out and ride. I haven't been able to get this bike out of my mind since riding one at Woods demo days here in New Braunfels. Please keep posting updates.
IMG_6235.jpeg

Been out huntin bluebonnets several times...jus not on the CLX much.....350 mile days dont mix well with it. Tigers are the better distance choice.
Thinkin bout takin the CLX out tomorro tho.

I signed up for the 450 MT, 700 MT, and CLX-750 for Ride day. All should be in stock and if not, they're taking deposits for purchase.
My son has a friend in Austin who has the CLX-700, a stroked Versys motor, and he loves it. No problems thus far.
Fly and Buy.

Attachments

• https __cdn.evbuc.com_images_746289519_1941723772323_1_original.jpg
    https __cdn.evbuc.com_images_746289519_1941723772323_1_original.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12

I signed up for the 450 MT, 700 MT, and CLX-750 for Ride day. All should be in stock and if not, they're taking deposits for purchase.
My son has a friend in Austin who has the CLX-700, a stroked Versys motor, and he loves it. No problems thus far.
Fly and Buy.
Let me know what you think of the 450MT. I rode one in the parking lot of COTA, but I was told it was the only one released from the warehouse in the US and therefore I could not ride it on the streets. A more extensive ride is in my near future. I view it as a possible replacement for my DRZ-400. I need 6 speeds with a slow speed 1st gear and a highway 6th gear, fuel injection, robust enough to carry hard luggage and capable of 2-up riding.

Hope you're feeling better and that you been able to get out and ride. I haven't been able to get this bike out of my mind since riding one at Woods demo days here in New Braunfels. Please keep posting updates.
View attachment 378568
Hey, that's me in the green T-shirt on the left of the picture. From left to right Maurice, Madison, Monica, John, Ray and Rusty. I don't know the three on the right or the helmeted rider behind Rusty.

Let me know what you think of the 450MT. I rode one in the parking lot of COTA, but I was told it was the only one released from the warehouse in the US and therefore I could not ride it on the streets.
I've never participated in a "ride day" so really do not know what to expect. Open to any suggestions you may have.

Last edited:
I've never participated in a "ride day" so really do not know what to expect. Open to any suggestions you may have.
If it's anything like the ones CFMOTO does in the US, it will be about 20 minutes long. Where dirt is available, the adventure bikes ride separate from the street bikes.

Back