• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New bike from my amazing wife

Reaction score
Just wanted to share how amazing my wife is. We got together after I had recovered from my injuries and she's never seen me on a bike, but after having decided I wanted to get back on the road she not only surprised me with a beautiful 2019 street scrambler she bought for me but also got her motorcycle license and a bike to learn on. Truly a woman who is too good for me.
1000003847.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! What kind of bike did she get? I don't recognize it. I'm not sure if she watches any of the Youtube lady riders but if she doesn't, I've linked a few pages. They give a lot of good tips for new riders and since they're female she can relate.

And everyone's favorite!!!

It's a kymco spade 150cc. Cute little bike she bought to go around town and commute to work. I'll pass on the info, Jocelin Snow is actually who gave her the confidence to get on a bike. Wife is 5 foot even on a good day haha but the things Jocelin does at her size are crazy.

Congrats!!!

That Kymco Spade 150 is a fun little bike! I picked one up a few months ago to teach my kids to ride. It was only when I started shopping for one that I learned they’ve been discontinued.

Not much in the way of accessories still available but there is a FB group that’s still pretty active.

Congrats!!!

That Kymco Spade 150 is a fun little bike! I picked one up a few months ago to teach my kids to ride. It was only when I started shopping for one that I learned they’ve been discontinued.

Not much in the way of accessories still available but there is a FB group that’s still pretty active.
We aren't big on social media, but I'll pass it on in case she's interested. I tried it myself and it is a blast to throw around. She just hit 70 miles on it today and is loving it.

We aren't big on social media, but I'll pass it on in case she's interested. I tried it myself and it is a blast to throw around. She just hit 70 miles on it today and is loving it.
Wow, 70mph! I’ve only hit 56, just below redline, going downhill and I’m 5’4” and 145lbs.

Looks like she has some nice upgrades (rear suspension, levers, maybe exhaust as well). There’s also a Kymco forum but nothing specific for the Spade.

Texas T is right, I meant distance not speed haha. I barely got that thing up to 50 at 6'2 220. It is pretty decked out, the person she bought it from put almost every bolt on accessory on it they could and did a custom paint job.

My wife bought me a mint used R80-GS to replace my R90/6 for my birthday once. She had my friend Kari Praegar, the owner of Cal BMW in Mountain View deliver and park it on the front steps of Applied Materials headquarters building at Central Expy and Bowers in Santa Clara. It was a nice bike, but too short a wheelbase for my style of high speed touring so I took it back... What a big mistake! That was all cool back in the early days of Silicon Valley. BTW, my 1972 R75/5 was the very first used bike in the inventory of Cal BMW if any of you followed the development of that shop. Had to be somewhere around 1984 or so is my guess.

Very congrats on the new bike(s). I have a Scrambler XE and it’s a fantastic bike, I’m sure you’ll love your Street Scram!

Just wanted to share how amazing my wife is. We got together after I had recovered from my injuries and she's never seen me on a bike, but after having decided I wanted to get back on the road she not only surprised me with a beautiful 2019 street scrambler she bought for me but also got her motorcycle license and a bike to learn on. Truly a woman who is too good for me.
View attachment 377128
Perfect to learn on. Let me know when if she wants to sell it. Good first for my grandson also.

Back