• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to Texas

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member living in San Angelo. Moved to town about 6 months ago after living in Costa Rica for a few years. The last 6 months were busy with moving, finding work and getting settled into a house. I've been riding off and on for the past 20 years. I just recently bought a used Fjr 1300 and I'm ready to start touring around Texas. I look forward to riding the roads and getting to know some of the local riders.

Welcome to the group. You picked the right one.

Welcome.

Did you ride in Costa Rica?
Some of the traffic there is downright insane compared to anything I’ve ever been in here in the US...and that includes NYC!
Despite that, lots and lots of motos everywhere.

Welcome.

Did you ride in Costa Rica?
Some of the traffic there is downright insane compared to anything I’ve ever been in here in the US...and that includes NYC!
Despite that, lots and lots of motos everywhere.
I did ride a bit in Costa Rica. Traffic is crazy, but I felt safer on a bike being able to lane split. There are so many great roads to ride there if you're willing to risk it.

Last edited:
Welcome! You picked a great bike for Texas as well. Plan to hit the Hill Country Hangout April 19-21 in Kerrville. Its hosted by the San Antonio BMW club and open to all bikes. You will meet a bunch of great folks there, many from TWT.

Welcome! You picked a great bike for Texas as well. Plan to hit the Hill Country Hangout April 19-21 in Kerrville. Its hosted by the San Antonio BMW club and open to all bikes. You will meet a bunch of great folks there, many from TWT.
Thanks for the info. I'll put it on my calendar.

...if ya make it down to the Texas Hill Country, we are chock-full of great BBQ joints, music joints, beer joints, and scenery....Fredericksburg and Kerrville are two of my favorites, but Llano, Mason, Blanco, Rocksprings, Marble Falls, are all fine, too....

A BIG West Texas Welcome from our herd, just up the road in Ballinger!! :welcome:

There are only a handful of TWT members in our area, Jimmy Bass from Jim Bass Ford most notably, and yours truly! Feel free to contact me, and I'll let ya know anytime I'm gonna go for a ride!!

Back