• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old Bridge near Glendale/Lovelady

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
Found this cool old bridge up around the Lovelady area while out riding with Desmo and James Cain.

bridgebdd.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06029.jpg

break2.jpg

Photo's Courtesy of James Cain:trust:

For more pics here is the report from that ride.
http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14241&highlight=trinity

Also from another ride in that area but during summer time.

The wooden bridges are also around Trinity or lovelady.

DS-PieRun6-24-06018.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06017.jpg

and for more pic they are in this ride report.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

Bagwell and I came across that one about a year ago on one of our DS rides. Georgia, Texian and someone else I think were with us but they had to bail after our late afternoon lunch. I was on the GS that day. Somewhere I have some pics of Bagwell siting out there.

Tourmeister said:
Bagwell and I came across that one about a year ago on one of our DS rides. Georgia, Texian and someone else I think were with us but they had to bail after our late afternoon lunch. I was on the GS that day. Somewhere I have some pics of Bagwell siting out there.
Yeah in fact I found a picture of your GS sitting in the same exact spot as this pic of my KLR.

DS-PieRun6-24-06017.jpg

Here you are but in winter...
DSC04666.JPG

Now that is spooky.....:lol2:

Wow, the spring vs. winter pics are awesome - you can see how green and lush the landscape is this time of year.

I'm always leary of parking up on a single-lane bridge on any of the backroads around here. There are kids driving these roads in big 4WD pickups that try to see just how fast they can navigate down them!

That is why I dont take Pictures of my bike on the bridges, but if I had someone along to take the picture and me on the bike it would be different.

Back