• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #215 - Portraits of one subject (Assignment) - Due midnight, Sept. 4, 2023

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
It's hot outside, so this assignment gives you the option of staying inside. It's portraits this time around. I'm leaving what up to the photographer, person, dog, cat... However it can only be one. So no group photos. Inside, outside, action, still, artificial lights, sunlight. Formal pose or candid. I'll post some ideas in this thread. I've given it an extra day to include Labor Day weekend in case you want to get a snap at a family gathering.

Almost forgot, no selfies. Or at least not arm's length ones. If you put the camera on a tripod or lean the phone on something and use a timer, that's fine.

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection. ASK QUESTIONS if you have them! Bounce ideas off one another. Have fun!

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 4:00 pm August 4 and midnight, Sept. 4, 2023.

Last edited:
Some samples. And yes, some are a mannequin.

Natural light:
i-ZFx6CPD-XL.jpg

i-ZC2zT4s-XL.jpg

Action:
i-5rwFR24-XL.jpg

Animal:
i-j6PbBZx-XL.jpg

i-NJcF4BD-XL.jpg

Experimental and lots of lights:

i-vPCMWSp-XL.jpg

i-crGNGhR-XL.jpg

i-WRC9DXv-XL.jpg

My cute girl ... I wish I had captured more of her shoulder / legs. I was out shooting birds and just happened to catch her.

JEDrumm-4300469.jpg

Just a reminder, a week to go. Portraits are easy, just a snapshot works.

Back