• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #216 - Subject: Hope Springs Eternal (ENTRY) - Due midnight, Sept. 25, 2023

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Please place your entries in this thread for "Hope Springs Eternal"

Closing Date: 09/25/2023 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected, and post only your picture and one picture only. You can edit/replace that image until the closing date/time. Lobbying for one's image in not necessary. Comments will be deleted without warning until a winner has been selected.

IMG_2255.jpeg

Sorry, I had "a week."

So, how do these pictures convey "hope springs eternal?" And, what are their strengths and weaknesses in the photographic realm?

GRAVEL GUY
Hope - early morning fog? the hope of the day? I'm not convinced I got the connection, but that's what my brain came up with.
I have a very similar photo I took in the jungle of central Java, Indonesia and similar critiques looking back at it.
1695957643707.png

I think I would have liked to have seen the rule of 3rds followed for the prominent tree trunk. Assuming the very low light resulted in the black & white feel. Lacks a little context - am I on a river, just standing in the woods, on a trail? I would like the photo to reveal a little more story.

M38A1
my OCD would like a 1 degree rotation to the right.
Hope - man, I would like some seeds, there should be some seeds here, maybe some seeds will show up!
good subject in context that tells a little story.
like the color, framing & comp.

Both worthy entries, but the nod goes to M38A1.

@Tracker This was taken off our back deck looking south, maybe 6:45 am in a heavy hopeful fog.
You will find that I ignore most photo “rules”. And I’d like to share a joke with you that my daughter and I use…. ”IF you were really OCD…..you’d be CDO!” 🤣

@Tracker This was taken off our back deck looking south, maybe 6:45 am in a heavy hopeful fog.
You will find that I ignore most photo “rules”. And I’d like to share a joke with you that my daughter and I use…. ”IF you were really OCD…..you’d be CDO!” 🤣
definitely time to keep rules and break them. It was a good pic. Thanks.

To all you 115 yankers that looked at the thread and didn't contribute, :thpt:

Thx for the nod... GG's shot to me was kind of cool with that Halloween spooky kind of vibe.

I put a couple bird feeders up during one of the freezes a few years ago and I've come to like having birds in the backyard. They're fun to watch and interact with one another and the squirrels. I noticed this little fellow not moving and laying in the tray and got wondering if it was capable of hoping sunflower seeds would show back up again. They can empty that entire feeder in a day and I was remiss in filling it immediately. This was also the day after we had that hail storm and his non-movement made me wonder if he had been clobbered by a hailstone. Yet alas, he did fly off at some point.

I'll get something up this weekend for the next one.

Back