• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #219 - Christmas Spirit (Assignment) - Due midnight, Dec 31, 2023

Reaction score
Christmas Spirit!

So in this contest, let your lens unfold,
from the story of bikers, brave and bold.
Riding through Christmas, with hearts full of cheer,
May your Christmas Spirit roar loud and clear.

What puts you in the Christmas Spirit?

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection. ASK QUESTIONS if you have them! Bounce ideas off one another. Have fun!

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 6pm Dec 8 and midnight, Dec 31, 2023.

I'm experimenting with in camera double exposures. I always thought it would be fun to learn and technically it is easy, but composition is tougher than I expected.

I'm experimenting with in camera double exposures. I always thought it would be fun to learn and technically it is easy, but composition is tougher than I expected.
Yeah, my brain doesn't think in those dimensions so it's kind of difficult for me to even get motivated to try that avenue.

What 'cha got so far?

Just a snapshot/proof of concept...which is too big to attach. Time to resize it.

and done

DoubleExTest.jpg

What would that look like if you used your mini-string lights? You've done that in the past with great effect.

What would that look like if you used your mini-string lights? You've done that in the past with great effect.

Well, that was an early effort. I was supposed to under expose each shot since it is Additive. I've also switched lenses to a f2.8 one. I manually focus on the Xmas tree to get out of focus lights so they are big blobs. Then I shoot the second shot and the blobs are superimposed on top. Still working on what to use for the second shot. Fun little project.

I posted in the other thread without reading the rules. Sorry for my transgression, I have corrected my error and humbly ask for forgiveness. :doh:

Back