• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #220 - New Beginnings (ENTRY) - Due midnight Feb 4, 2024

Reaction score
First Name
Garon
Please place your ENTRY in this thread for "New Beginnings"

Closing Date: 2/4/24 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected, and post only your picture and one picture only.

You can edit/replace that image until the closing date/time.

Lobbying for one's image in not necessary.

Comments will be deleted without warning until a winner has been selected.

IMG_3506.JPG.jpg

Two wonderful entries to 'begin' the new year...

M38A1 - Great shot with the antagonist (donut) in clear view, and the out of focus background taking a backseat. I see this photo as your eyes going back and forth, which one do I want... which is better... tasty sprinkles or LED numbers? "Oh look, there is a huggy bear on the sprinkles, I must have that one". Scale 0, Donut 1. Very creative and fun picture, and absolutely relevant with the the most sought after New Years Resolution.

WoodButcher - Wow! The color, the clarity, the focus on the eye looking deep into pollen goodness! I see this as a bee so enthralled with what it is doing a freight train could have gone by and this little guy would not have noticed. And nature is doing what nature does... feeding the bee the tasty nectar while spreading its pollen to ensure genetic diversity, only for life to begin again. And as my very intuitive wife pointed out.... new "bee"ginnings.

Both are great and captured theme perfectly. Since only one can be chosen for winner, the baton has been passed to WoodButcher. :clap:

Last edited:
Thanks. Dandelions are always a sign of spring to me. The dog loves it when I lie in the wet grass and mud for these shots. The trick it getting the shot before she tries to bite the bee, which I discourage.

Back