• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run III

Squeaky,.........."The West Side Boyz", ....from here on out, designate you as our "Photo Journalist, Cartoon illustrator, Minutes Stenographer, and general Etiquette coach...........
Dang, girl,.....that there is some fine ride reporting you just did...........
By the way, I got a laugh out of your cartoon. But just to clarify things,.....I don't go around passing out my cards at accident sites........... :nana

Great write up, Squeaky! A excellent chronicle of the days events. The captions over our heads after Low's incident are probably pretty accurate! Though not only was I thinking if I stepped in anything but also how lucky I was after having a ZX12 (and Low :eek: ) bounce off my leg , elbow , right mirror and bar end ( left a mark ). Leather gear is a wonderful thing. :hail

Some numb nuts in an old pick up truck decided he wasnt going to wait for the bicycles to make it over the hill leaving out of Fayetteville and was making his way over in our lane as we crested the hill into town. I was traveling about 35 mph and slowed to about 5 mph when Nathan brushes my right side and continues down the rode sans bike. He did a good five or six good barrell rolls in front of me on the road, with lots of oohs and aahs from the peddlers in the next lane over. All in all we came away pretty lucky under the circumstances.

Things could have been a lot worse off considering all the factors involved. With two bike impacting, having a mass of bicycles to our immediate left and a truck in our immediate path, we were lucky indeed.

Shawns incident has been well chronicled as well and his situation could have been much worse then it was (for him anyway, not the bike). He missed a thicket of trees in the apex of the turn and instead found the open field.

I think some one just may have been watching over us on our ill fated mission for PIE! :chug:

"Oh yeah, and Stewie doesn’t like to have his picture taken… "

Yeah, that last picture is just me waiting patientley for the new "Lane splitting law" to take effect! 8-)

Squeaky!

Like everyone said it above, you did a really good job for this write up. The cartoon bubbles made me laugh soo hard that I forgot about what happened to Nathan and myself.

I understand perfectly why you didn't take any pictures of my accident seen. I think that our group will never forget what it looked like, especially me. And for others on this board, maybe it was not wised to see what it looks like.

This afternoon, I went down to the garage to gather up all the pieces in getting ready to get the insurance to take a look at the bike. I felt really sick to my stomach just looking at my cripple ride. Just now looking at the picture of my bike at the morning meeting bring tears to my eyes.

Anyway.... After work today I stopped by the dealer where I bought my bike and explained the situation and they treaded me with lots of sympathy and will help me with whatever I need to resolve this mess. I peaked into their back yard and still on it's crate, one R1 Raven and 1 R6 Raven....hummmm!!!!! They will come out to my place tomorrow and pickup my damage ride and bring it to their shop to "assess" the damage before the adjuster comes out.

As for me, my knees is almost back to normal movement (no limp walking) and the dizzieness is going away (once again, thank God).

Ok guys, now that Squeaky did a fine job of writing up of our last Pie Run lets put this thread to rest and lets plan on the next Pie/event. I will be out atleast 30 + days before I am on a different ride.

Great job Squeaky!

-Shawn
:chug:

Come on Stuart… 5 or 6 rolls… It felt more like 7 or 8… :shock: at least afterwards. But my limp has been reduced and I have now retired my walking stick until the next time…:roll: with a little miner repairs, bending back the frame slider and adjusting the gear shifter and the 12 was road ready again… but in hind sight I probably should have turned back, because by the end of the day I was barely able to walk… :-( while limping up the drive way my wife pulls up and gives me the one, :miffed: two…:pound: so to appease the masses :hail I decided to take here to Salt Grass… nothing says I’m sorry like a good steak… :kiss: plus I still needed my pie… :oops:

Great write up Squeaky and pictures too. However I must tease you about the picture of the sign at the Bastrop State Park. How could you take steady pictures all day from the back of a bike and of the people moving around, but shake when you finally had a stationary target? :-) :-)

Sorry you all couldn't make it up, but I'm happy everybody involved is walking and talking.

Great write up, Squeaky.

I can't this enough; I am very grateful that Low an sqvvcd survived with only minor injuries. Bikes are easy enough to repair/replace. People are not.

Here's to the stout hearted men! :chug:

Squeaky said:
Oh yeah, and Stewie doesn’t like to have his picture taken…

Stewie behaving badly

And all this time I thought it was Stuart's hand signal for "Hey, you're number 1!" :eek: ;-)

Nice job with the report, Rebecca. 8-)

:tab Geez Low, did she at least ask if you were okay before commencing to beating the tar out of you? :lol: I guess it is a good thing if she rags on you, at least she cares ;-)

Adios,

I guess Teresa figured that if I was able to ride on and not call for help I was OK... but the "ragging" has not really stopped... I had to keep a close eye on her to protect my walking stick from not being kicked out from under me... :lol: But it's all good she has to take her shots when she can get them.... :lol: Can you feel the Love... I sure can all over...
1.gif

Every so often I return to this thread just to reminisce over the fine writing skills of the Squecky. I haven't rode in years but I think about it every sunny weekend.

Still have the bug just not the wheels :pirate:

Back