• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

I have been wanting to see Fort Parker for quite some time. It was a very nice ride out there. A few too many gnats though. If you get enough of them in your mouth, they taste kind of sweet.

IMG_2230.jpg

Walking up to Fort Parker

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

Cynthia Ann

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 19
Had a great day ride yesterday - first full-day riding in quite a long time. Austin to Alpine, via the Sisters:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 8.58.16 AM.png

Link to this map on Locus
<map nerd stuff>
I've used the Android app Locus for probably 10 years now, but I've started using the web version to plan routes. It takes a little getting used to, but cuts a couple steps out of my previous process. It has a "shortest" routing option that is very aggressive - taking every single shorter route it can find, and some were not legal roads, like this one:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 9.04.28 AM.png

Gates at both ends, so I just stayed on 337 - which isn't a bad alternative. Overall, the route was exactly what I wanted, and took 5 waypoints; Austin, Medina, Camp Wood, Bracketville, Alpine.
</map nerd stuff>

Rained on me for about a hour leaving Austin, the I picked up taco's in Comfort, and had then riverside at the Nueces south of Camp Wood:

XQ2e-7YubyHw9sVcEpQRI7WjNd03BMRKxeuOOifk2ebQ=w2220.jpg

Stopped for fuel just outside Amistad, and that's when the skies opened up again. Dropped from 72°F to 50°F in about 2 minutes, and from nice a sunny, to driving rain and north wind so bad that I thought it would blow me off the bridge into the Pecos. Those road cuts on HWY 90 cause a little windy chaos in good weather, but this was a bit harrowing. That let up a little before Dryden, and the rest of the ride into Alpine was cold, but dry.

Route shows 439 miles, and odometer shows 465 (didn't route door to door, just to city outskirts).

New bike did wonderfully: glamor shot outside an art gallery in Bracketville:

e7RY1lMuLIconoWhTeA=w2764-h1596-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Had a great day ride yesterday - first full-day riding in quite a long time. Austin to Alpine, via the Sisters...

Rained on me for about a hour leaving Austin, the I picked up taco's in Comfort, and had then riverside at the Nueces south of Camp Wood:

View attachment 379290
I sure miss that river crossing. Our 6-acres place was 4 miles away. Perfect place to get in with the tubes, then get out an hour later at our place.

Back