• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Postponed... One day East Texas ride this Friday (8th)

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
** The stars just aren't aligning for this Friday after all, so will be postponing this ride until further notice. Might try during the week next week if anyone is available.**

Purely by chance, I came across this guys video, and am planning to check out his route:

Curious, is he a member here? Anyway, I plan to call the Exxon station in town to see if they wouldn't mind me leaving my truck there for the day. If so, I'll be there around 0800, and on the road by 0830 if anyone is available and want's to join the fun. Weather looking good so far, but will be keeping an eye out for any drastic changes. I'll be running it a bit different from the way he did, but still covering everywhere he went. I'd do it on Saturday, but looks like rain; sorry!

Last edited:
Not yet retired Rydah, so I can't flex the schedule enough to get there this Friday. Looking fwd to some pics and a story or two.

What will you be riding?
Purely by chance, I came across this guys video, and am planning to check out his route:

Curious, is he a member here? Anyway, I plan to call the Exxon station in town to see if they wouldn't mind me leaving my truck there for the day. If so, I'll be there around 0800, and on the road by 0830 if anyone is available and want's to join the fun. Weather looking good so far, but will be keeping an eye out for any drastic changes. I'll be running it a bit different from the way he did, but still covering everywhere he went. I'd do it on Saturday, but looks like rain; sorry!

I am interested, I am typically off on fridays however we have a lot going on at the moment leading up to Christmas and all so not 100%. If I do I’ll probably run up Thursday night and catch a room at the motel he was talking about. Is that near the Exxon station you spoke of? Working so haven’t had a chance to look at the map real close and also buzzed through the video fairly quickly. I have Scott Fridays old KTM 530.
Daniel, I'll be on my 450.

Actually, the Exxon station is in Colmesneil, as that's a closer starting point for me. I'll be trucking my bike up, and leaving it there while riding. Drop me a PM with your number if you want to work out details. Hope you can make it.

We have camped at the lake he camped many times when the national forest was open. We rode dirt bikes there for many years. It was some great trails that has filled my mind with fantastic memories.
Can't make it this time.
Have fun!

We have camped at the lake he camped many times when the national forest was open. We rode dirt bikes there for many years. It was some great trails that has filled my mind with fantastic memories.
Can't make it this time.
Have fun!
If we ever get a nice weekend, following some mid week rain, I'll try to do the ol' ET450 again. Pray!

It’s pretty good roads. We’ve ridden a lot of it. And like many others I grew up riding in the forest there in Boykin. Used to stop mid day and swim across thar “lake” as a kid.

Are you planning to camp or just trailer, ride and trailer home same day?

Gonna do it on one day (hopefully). Seems like quite a bit of slab, so should be an easily brisk pace.

Yeah it’s a good bit of pavement. Makes for a cool weekend chill ride with camping. But the SETX 200 is more fun.

I did this ETBAR ride back in May. Was alot of fun. Here is my very short ride report.

Back