• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Putting my bike up for sale soon

Reaction score
As some of you are aware or may remember, I had an accident on my Versys back in March of 2020. Since then I have put maybe 400 miles on it. The weight of the bike just scares me. It's not the 650 power, but just the top heavy weight of the bike.

With this in mind, I will be posting a for sale add soon for my bike. Not sure how to value it though. Its a 2009 Versys 650 and when I went down while riding it, it just slid on the hard boxes, bar ends and crash guard plastic pucks. From what I could tell there was nothing wrong with it. I'm tempted to just sell it for what I paid because I got a really good deal when I got it in 2018.

I'd be interested in a smaller 250 or 300 that isn't quite so heavy and easier to handle. Too bad I doubt anyone will trade a Honda 250 for a Versys 650.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice concerning the pricing. Thanks in advance.

Back